This unicorn cheesecake not only looks magical, but it tastes magical too. This funfetti-cheesecake combo is the perfect cake for a unicorn themed party!
If you are looking for the perfect cake for the unicorn-lover in your life, look no further.
Slumber parties, birthday parties, girls’ night in – it doesn’t matter, this unicorn themed dessert is going to be a winner.
Be sure to check out this unicorn snack idea too!
Not only does this unicorn cake look amazing, but it tastes incredible as well.
You’ve got a layer of delicious funfetti cake, followed by a layer of rich and creamy cheesecake. Top it all off with a colorful whipped cream topping and unicorn sprinkles and you’ve got a dessert that is as whimsical and beautiful as a unicorn.
One thing is for sure — any unicorn lover will flip for this beautiful unicorn cheesecake.
Unicorn Cheesecake Supplies
I am not going to lie to you here — this unicorn cheesecake isn’t our typical quick and easy dessert recipe. This funfetti-cheesecake combo does requires some time and effort.
But, I can guarantee it will be worth it. This cake is a thing of beauty!
Start by gathering your ingredients and supplies. You will need the ingredients listed on the recipe card below as well as the following supplies.
We combined several different varieties of sprinkles to make our own unicorn sprinkles. While you could go this route, you could just as easily purchase pre-made unicorn sprinkles such as these or these.
For more unicorn party fun, check out these ideas:
- Unicorn Jello Cups
- Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
- Funfetti Cake Batter Blondies
- Unicorn Pudding Parfaits
- Unicorn Cookies
For the Whipped Topping
- Unicorn sprinkles
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Purple, pink and blue gel food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
For the Cheesecake
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- purple, blue, and pink gel food coloring
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 oz each), softened
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
For the Cake
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix, and ingredients listed on packaging
- 3 tbsp Unicorn sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Fit a 9" springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom, then cover with a light coating of cooking spray. Set to the side.
- Prepare Funfetti cake mix according to the instructions on the package, with the addition of stirring in 3 tbsp of unicorn sprinkles.
- Pour Funfetti batter into springform pan until it is half full. Bake 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the cheesecake batter by beating cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined before adding the next. Then add sour cream and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Divide cheesecake batter evenly into 3 bowls. Use gel food coloring to dye one purple, one pink, and one blue.
- Alternating between colors, scoop each color batter onto the top of the Funfetti cake in the springform pan. Use an icing spatula to smooth out the top if necessary.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 60 minutes on a wire rack before refrigerating until cake is totally chilled (at least 4 hours and up to overnight).
- Once completely chilled, carefully open the springform pan and remove the cheesecake. (It is important to not attempt to remove the cake from the pan until it is completely chilled!)
- Prepare whipped topping by beating heavy whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar using a mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Divide whipped topping into 3 bowls, with one bowl twice as full as the others. Use gel food coloring to dye the largest part pink, and the remaining parts blue and purple.
- Scoop each color whipped topping into its own piping bag. Alternating between all 3 colors, pipe a row of dots around the side of the cake. Use an icing spatula to spread the dots to create a petal look. Repeat until the side of the cake is completely covered.
- Pipe dots of pink whipped topping on top edge of the cheesecake and sprinkle with unicorn sprinkles.
- Place cheesecake back into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
To make the best whipped cream topping, be sure start with a chilled bowl and whisk. You can chill the bowl and whisk (or whisk attachment for your mixer) by popping them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes before making your whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for Later: