A rainbow sprinkle covered unicorn quick bread recipe, perfect to serve as a sweet breakfast treat after a unicorn sleepover party.
Unicorn food is super trendy right now, and I am here for it.
I love making bright, colorful, fun foods.
I have been creating quite a variety of unicorn dessert recipes lately, and today I have an amazing unicorn breakfast recipe for you.
That’s right — finally something to serve the morning after a unicorn sleepover party.
Don’t miss this reader favorite: Unicorn Popcorn
You can think of unicorn bread as banana breads wild younger cousin.
It is fun, colorful, and the kids will love it.
But don’t get me wrong, the adults will go crazy for it as well. I mean who can resist banana bread covered in icing?
Gel food coloring is used to die the batter different colors, which are then alternated in the pan. Adding in lots of sprinkles of course.
Once baked, the bread is then covered in sweet icing and then doused in rainbow sprinkles.
The result is a super colorful breakfast bread.
It kinda has a cool tie-dye vibe as well.
And I can assure you, it is as delicious as it is beautiful!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- Pink, purple, and neon green gel food coloring
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cups rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing until just combined.
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls. Add a few drop of food coloring to each bowl (one pink, one purple, and one green) and mix well.
- Stir 1/4 cup sprinkles into the green batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop a few dollops of each color batter into the loaf pan, then add sprinkles. Continue laying scoops or batter and sprinkles until the pan is nearly full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-65 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 653Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 2gSugar: 74gProtein: 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.