This easiest ever 3-ingredient chili recipe is thick, hearty, packed with flavor, and comes together in only 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite chili toppings for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that is sure to warm up everyone’s bellies.
Chili is one of the best comfort foods for cool weather. I usually make a big batch of chili in my crockpot, but when I am short on time I turn to this easy 3 ingredient chili recipe.
It is super quick to prepare and a family favorite throughout the Fall and Winter.
And with only 3 ingredients, this easy weeknight dinner is very economical and budget-friendly as well.
3-ingredient chili is also great for game day and football parties. Try topping your french fries and hot dogs with some of this one-pot chili – so good!
You could even create a chili bar with loads of tasty chili toppings (think shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream, tortilla chips) and let your guests go to town.
However you serve up this quick and easy stovetop chili, it is sure to be a hit.
For another quick and easy meal give my 5-ingredient reuben pizza rolls a try.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- ground beef – I used ground beef but you are more than welcome to swap with a ground turkey or shredded / diced chicken
- chili beans – A 15 or 16 ounce can, undrained.
- chili-style diced tomatoes – I prefer using DelMonte Zesty Chili Style Diced Tomatoes or Hunt’s Chili Starter Seasoned Diced Tomatoes In Sauce for Mild Chili, but a can of Rotel will also work.
Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado, sliced green onions, jalapenos, crushed tortilla chips, chives
Variations and Substitutions
- Switch up the beans: Try the recipe with kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans or any other style of bean you would like.
- Turn up the heat: Add chili powder, hot sauce, or a pinch of red pepper flakes to give your chili more of a kick.
- Make it soupy: Prefer soupy chili? Add a small can of tomato sauce.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Chili
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over medium heat.
- Mix in chili beans and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, corn chips, chives, etc..
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
As an added bonus I always find that chili tastes better the next day as the flavors have had a chance to really meld together.
If you can’t find chili-style tomatoes you can use a can of plain diced tomatoes (undrained) and spice to your liking with chili seasoning (I recommend 1-2 Tablespoons).
Yea! Freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months. That in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on the stove.
Sure! Simply brown the meat and add to the crock-pot with the can of chili beans and diced tomatoes. Cook on low 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
More Chili Recipes
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe
- Crockpot Chili Mac
- Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- Homemade Hot Dog Chili
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chili style diced tomatoes
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over medium heat, using your spoon to break up the ground beef as it cooks. Drain grease, leaving behind about 1 Tablespoon of grease in the pot for added flavor if desired.
- Stir in the chili beans and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and allow the chili to simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite chili toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese, corn chips, scallions, chives, etc).
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.