This easy crockpot chili recipe is loaded with beans, ground beef, and seasonings. It really is the best slow cooker chili recipe ever!
We like to serve it topped with cheddar cheese and with a side of cornbread or buttermilk biscuits for a hearty and delicious dinner.
If you love easy comfort food recipes, have I got a treat for you…
Easy Crockpot Chili
A big bowl of chili is the ultimate chilly weather meal. That is why it is one of our favorite meals.
What makes this the best chili is the perfect blend of seasonings and the fact that it cooks low and slow for several hours, which helps add depth to the flavors. Once you give it a try I can pretty much guarantee that you will add it to your regular meal rotation. It is that good.
Plus, you can’t beat how easy it is to make. The crockpot does all the work!
- ground beef
- vegetable oil
- kidney beans
- crushed tomatoes
- distilled white vinegar
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper (whoops, forgot to include those in the picture!)
How to Make Chili in the Slow Cooker
I also love how easy this chili is to make. Simply brown the beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet, then add it to your crockpot along with all the remaining ingredients. Set to low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
Then go about your day and come home to a delicious slow-cooked dinner.
Can dinner be this quick and easy every night, please?
Top your bowl of chili with one or more of these tasty toppings:
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- corn chips
- diced tomatoes
- chopped onion
- green onions
My favorite topping? Shredded cheese. It melts right into the steaming hot chili and gives it a bit of added creaminess. So good!
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef in vegetable oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent. Drain any excess fat.
- Add beef mixture and all remaining ingredients to the crockpot and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.