This easy corn casserole recipe is a classic comfort food side dish made with Jiffy mix and just 5 other ingredients. Perfect for Thanksgiving and other holidays!
Looking for a comforting and savory side dish for dinner?
Or maybe an extra delicious holiday side dish?
This classic corn side dish made with just 6 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
Jiffy Corn Casserole
A must-have at Thanksgiving dinner, this old-fashioned corn casserole recipe is just like the one that grandma made.
Maybe it was on the box of Jiffy at one point? I am not sure where it originated… I just know that this is the best corn casserole I have ever had.
If you haven’t ever had it before, you are in for a real treat. It is almost like a moist, creamy cornbread loaded with corn kernels.
Sweet corn is used in the recipe, which gives the casserole an incredible natural sweetness that will leave everyone wanting seconds.
Like sweet potato casserole, this is one of those side dish recipes that taste so good you could serve them for dessert!
How to Make Corn Casserole
This easy side dish calls for just a few simple ingredients: Jiffy corn mix, a can of sweet corn, a can of creamed sweet corn, sour cream, 2 eggs, and melted butter.
Making the casserole is as easy as mixing all of the ingredients together and baking in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
That is it!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Can size: I have found that some cans of corn are 14.75 oz and others are 15 oz. Either size works well for this recipe.
- Leftovers: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Cheesy corn casserole: Add 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the recipe for a delicious cheesy version.
- Regular corn: Only have non-sweet corn on hand? No worries! Your casserole will still be amazing–just not as sweet. If you want to make it sweeter you can add 1/4 cup sugar to the recipe.
- Double the recipe: Double all the ingredients and bake in a 9 x 13 baking dish for about 55-65 minutes.
You might also enjoy:
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14.75 oz) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 (14.75 oz) can cream-style sweet corn
- 1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy muffin mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
- You can use 15 oz cans of corn instead of 14.75 without any noticeable difference.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese for a cheesy corn casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Sodium: 208mg
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.