This easy corn casserole recipe is a classic comfort food side dish made with Jiffy mix and just 5 other ingredients. A perfect recipe for Thanksgiving, Sunday dinner, or any day.
A must-have at Thanksgiving dinner, this old-fashioned corn casserole recipe is just like the one that grandma made.
Maybe it was on the box of Jiffy at one point? I am not sure where it originated… I just know that this is the absolute best corn casserole I have ever had.
If you haven’t ever had it before, you are in for a real treat. It is almost like a moist, creamy corn bread loaded with corn kernels.
Sweet corn is used in the recipe, which gives the casserole an incredible natural sweetness that will leave everyone begging for seconds.
Like sweet potato casserole, this is one of those recipes that are so sweet and satisfying that you could seriously serve them for dessert!
The best part? This classic corn side dish is made with just 6 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
It seriously doesn’t get any easier than this.
Here is what you will need:
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
- a can of sweet corn (kernal corn)
- a can of cream style corn, drained (creamed corn)
- sour cream
- melted butter
Note: I have found that some cans of corn are 14.75 ounces and others are 15 ounces. Either size can works well for this recipe.
- Regular corn: Only have non-sweet corn on hand? No worries! Your casserole will still be amazing–just not as sweet. If you want to make it sweeter you can add 1/4 cup sugar to the recipe.
- Cheese: Add ½ to 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the recipe for a delicious cheesy version.
- Extra sweet: Add ¼ cup sugar for extra sweetness.
How to Make Jiffy Corn Casserole
Making the casserole is as easy as mixing the 6 ingredients together and baking in an 8 x 8 casserole dish as directed in the recipe card below.
That is it!
Refrigerator: Cover cooled leftovers with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat for about 10-15 minutes in a 300° F oven, or briefly in the microwave.
Freezer: For best taste, I recommend NOT freezing this recipe, as it can change the texture.
What to Serve with Corn Casserole
This jiffy corn casserole goes great with turkey (think classic Thanksgiving dinner), roast chicken, chicken tenders, crockpot chili, mashed potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits. But you can pair it with whatever your heart desires!
Yes, this recipe is great for making ahead! This recipe can be made up to 24 hours before baking. Prep ahead then cover the baking dish tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to bake, uncover the dish and allow it to sit on the countertop for about 30 minutes before baking. This will help is come back to room temperature. Then bake as directed.
You sure can! To double the recipe double all the ingredients and bake in a 9 x 13 baking dish for about 55-65 minutes.
Yes! Add the combined ingredients to a lightly greased crockpot and cook for about 2-3 hours on high or 4 hours on low. The center will be set when the casserole is done.
More classic side dish recipes
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14.75 oz) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 (14.75 oz) can cream-style sweet corn
- 1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy muffin mix
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
- You can use 15 ounce cans of corn instead of 14.75 without any noticeable difference.
- Add ½ to 1 cup shredded cheese for a cheesy corn casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Sodium: 208mg
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.