Inside: A delicious caramel apple cookies recipe that is sure to become a family favorite.
As soon as Fall rolls around I start craving all things apple-flavored, including apple cookies.
After our glazed soft apple cookies recipe was such a hit last Fall, I wanted to share another great apple cookie recipe this year.
Caramel Apple Cookies
You are going to love these rich apple cookies.
Packed with apple chunks, caramel chips, and chocolate chips, I could eat an entire batch of these crisp and chewy apple cookies.
Taking only about 20 minutes to make, it really doesn’t get much easier as far as from-scratch cookies are concerned.
And with chocolate chips added to the batter, these thick caramel apple cookies have a tasty turtle vibe. Oh how I love the combination of apples, chocolate, and caramel — so good!
Serve with a glass of apple cider for a real treat!
More Apple Desserts to Make This Fall
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Cake
- Apple Snickers Salad
- Crockpot Apple & Pear Crisp
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel bits/chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together until well-combined and creamy.
- Set mixer to low and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once all the dry ingredients have been added increase the speed to medium and mix for about 30 more seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in chopped apples, chocolate chips, and caramel bits.
- Using a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 min, until edges are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Can substitute butterscotch chips for caramel chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 150 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 119mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 2g