Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Blueberry fluff is a cool and creamy no-bake dessert salad packed with blueberry flavor. The simple recipe takes 5 minutes to make and is perfect for a potluck, party, or backyard BBQ.
I am a huge fan of fruit fluff salads such as strawberry fluff, watergate salad, banana split fluff, and this delicious blueberry fluff salad. Easy to make with simple ingredients, dessert salads come together in minutes. Simply stir the ingredients together and you are done.
Fluffy salads are always a favorite at potlucks, holiday dinners, and special occasions. Especially Spring and summer occasions like Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
Whenever I serve blueberry fluff people always beg me to share my recipe for the tasty dessert.
Fluff recipes like this blueberry salad with cool whip can be served as either a dessert or a side dish. Since they are made with fruit and are called “salads” they can go either way.
Give this delicious blueberry dessert salad a try and I am sure that you will love as much as we do!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Blueberry pie filling — Grab a can of pie filling from the store. Or make a batch of homemade blueberry pie filling if you are feeling fancy.
- Sweetened condensed milk — Make sure you do not pick up a can of evaporated milk by mistake!
- Whipped topping — You can use Cool Whip or store-brand whipped topping. Be sure to thaw in the refrigerator first.
- Sour cream — Use full-fat sour cream for the best flavor. Or use light sour cream instead if you prefer.
- Mini marshmallows
- Canned pineapple chunks — Make sure to drain the can before adding, otherwise they will water down the dessert salad.
- Sliced almonds — Add a touch of nutty flavor. Chopped pecans or walnuts could be used instead. Or leave out the nuts totally, if desired.
- Fresh berries — Optional topping before serving, makes for a nice presentation if serving at a party or special occasion. We use fresh blueberries but fresh strawberries or other fresh fruit could be used, too.
- Large mixing bowl – I love this set of mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic wrap
- Large spoon, for serving
How to Make Blueberry Fluff
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a large bowl combine the blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and Cool Whip.
Step 2: Fold in the almonds, pineapple chunks, and mini marshmallows.
Step 3: Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Before serving, top with fresh blueberries and additional marshmallows and sliced almonds, if desired.
Spoon into individual glasses or bowls or serve family style in a large serving bowl or trifle dish.
Skip the spoon and dip vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies, pretzels, or graham crackers in your fluff like you would with a dessert dip.
Try topping a slice of angel food cake with the delicious salad for an extra sweet treat.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use colored mini marshmallows instead of white mini marshmallows for a pop of color.
- Sub-sliced ripe bananas for the pineapple chunks.
- Not a fan of pineapple? Add some shredded coconut instead.
- Try this great recipe with other pie fillings or your favorite fresh fruit to switch up the flavor.
Refrigerator: Cover leftover blueberry salad with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Give the dessert salad a stir before re-serving.
Freezer: I recommend against freezing because it can cause texture changes. However, if you are set on freezing the fluff salad transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then give a stir before serving.
Blueberry Fluff FAQ
Yes, you can make this delicious dessert salad up to a day before you want to serve it. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
You can use homemade stabilized whipped cream made with heavy whipping cream in place of the Cool Whip whipped topping in this easy dessert.
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Delight
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Peach Blueberry Galette
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Blueberry Fluff Salad
- 21 ounces blueberry pie filling
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups Cool Whip whipped topping thawed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cup pineapple chunks drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- fresh blueberries optional topping
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the blueberry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and Cool Whip.
- Fold in the almonds, pineapple chunks, and mini marshmallows until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Serve cold. Top with fresh blueberries and additinoal sliced almonds and marshmallows before serving, if desired.