These flavorful, soft breakfast cookies are full of bananas, blueberries, nuts, and oatmeal — perfect for a quick breakfast as you dash out the door.
Or, sit down to a cup of coffee and a couple of these in the afternoon for a delightful pick-me-up; you’ll love them any time of day.
Cookies for breakfast? Heck, yea!
These are sure to be a hit with the whole family, because who could refuse a cookie for breakfast?
They’re simple to make and great for breakfast on-the-go or for packed lunches, so stock up on the ingredients because you’ll probably be making them often!
You will see that the recipe calls for cinnamon chips. These can be found in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips.
Cinnamon chips are seasonal in some areas, so if you can’t find them, you can substitute white chocolate chips and add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the flour mixture.
Let's get baking!
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this recipe you will need: butter, brown sugar, ripe bananas, egg, flour, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, walnuts, cinnamon chips, coconut, dried blueberries, and quick rolled oats.
You will also need 2 cookie sheets, and parchment paper for lining.
Line your cookie sheets and set them aside.
Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat your softened butter and brown sugar together well in a large bowl.
Then beat in 1 egg and mashed ripened bananas.
Once well mixed, stir in flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
Add walnuts, cinnamon chips, coconut, and blueberries, stirring until just blended.
Add oats and stir until incorporated. The dough will be very soft.
Next, scoop rounded tablespoons of batter onto lined baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
Bake 11-12 minutes.
Finally, remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 or so minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool fully.
Pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!
If you enjoyed these delicious breakfast cookies, you will love these amazing breakfast recipes:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 average bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips *
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
- Heat oven to 375. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar well.
- Add mashed banana and egg. Beat well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt
- Add walnuts, cinnamon chips, coconut, and blueberries. Stir just until blended.
- Add oats and stir until incorporated. The dough will be very soft.
- Scoop in rounded tablespoons about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 11-12 minutes. Move to cooling rack.
Can't find cinnamon chips? You can substitute with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and white chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.