Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Strawberries and cream jello shots are delicious, fruity layered jello shots made with strawberry jello, vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries. The beautiful layered shots are a perfect adult treat for summer parties, Valentine’s Day, Memorial Day, or really any occasion.
Sure you can make plain strawberry jello shots but with just a little bit more work you can make a batch of these decadent strawberries and cream jello shots. The boozy bite sized treats feature a creamy layer of boozy vanilla pudding that pairs perfectly with the sweet strawberry gelatin and light and fluffy whipped cream.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Strawberry Jello — Either grab a large 6-ounce box or two of the smaller 3-ounce boxes.
- Water — You will need both a cup of cold water and 2 cups of boiling water to make the jello layer.
- Vodka — We used Svedka but you can use your favorite brand. Next time I might try them with whipped cream vodka- yum!
- Vanilla Pudding — Make sure you get instant pudding mix rather than cook and serve pudding.
- Milk — I recommend using 2% milk or whole milk for the best results.
- Whipped Cream — Canned whip cream, homemade whip cream, or even cool whip will work for this recipe.
- Fresh Strawberries — for topping. You can use either a fresh strawberry slice or a whole strawberry.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls– I love this set.
- Plastic shot cups– we used 3 ounce cups but you can use smaller cups and yield more shots if you prefer.
- Baking dish or rimmed baking sheet– optional but helpful for transporting the shots to and from the refrigerator.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY AND CREAM JELLO SHOTS
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Strawberry layer: Combine strawberry jell-o mix and 2 cups of boiling water in a large bowl and whisk for 2 minutes, or until jello is fully dissolved. Stir in cold water and vodka. Carefully pour the jello mixture into plastic shot glasses, filling them each about ⅔ of the way. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the jello to set.
Cream layer: In a large mixing bowl, combine vanilla instant pudding mix with milk and vodka. Whisk for 2 minutes then spoon a layer on top of the jello in the cups. Chill for at least 2 hours more hours, or until ready to serve.
Serve: Before serving add whipped cream, filling to the top of the plastic cups. Add a fresh strawberry to the top of the whipped cream.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
EXPERT TIPS AND TRICKS
- Make ahead. I suggest making your jell-o shots the night before you plan on serving them so that they will have plenty of time to set.
- Add chocolate. For a nice twist on this tasty treat, drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of the strawberries and whipped cream. You could even top the shots with chocolate-covered strawberries instead of regular strawberries for a truly decadent treat.
- Transport with ease. Place the shot cups in a disposable aluminum foil pan to make transporting the whole batch easy. And since the pan is disposable there is no need to worry about remembering to bring it back home.
- Wait to garnish. For best results, wait to add the whipped cream and strawberries until just prior to serving.
STRAWBERRY AND CREAM JELLO SHOTS: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Don’t worry, this isn’t an error. This shot recipe uses less milk in the pudding layer so that the layer is slightly more solid than the jiggly pudding you typically end up with if following the pudding box directions.
Typically jello shots take around 2 hours to set. The exact time they will take to set depends on several factors including the size of your jello shot cups, whether or not the liquor was chilled, and the temperature of your refrigerator.
More Great Jello Shot Recipes
- Christmas Jello Shots– these red and green jello shots are the perfect addition to holiday parties.
- Fourth of July Jello Shots– layered red, white, and blue jello shots perfect for patriotic parties.
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots– made with green apple jello, caramel vodka, sour apple mix, and caramel sauce.
- Shark Jello Shots– a must-have at shark week parties.
- Santa Hat Jello Shots– an easy recipe for the holiday season also made with strawberry jello and fresh strawberries.
Strawberries and Cream Jello Shots
- 1 (6-ounce) box strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup vodka
- whipped cream for topping
- fresh strawberries for topping
- Prep: Place jello shot cups in a pan or baking dish to make them easy to transfer to and from the refrigerator. Also, make sure you have room in your fridge for the tray.
- Jello layer: Add jello mix and 2 cups of boiling water to a large bowl and whisk until the jello is fully dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in cold water and vodka. Carefully pour the jello mixture into the cups, filling them each about ⅔ of the way. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pudding layer: In a large mixing bowl, combine vanilla pudding mix with milk and vodka. Whisk for 2 minutes then spoon evenly on top of the jello in the cups. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Serve: Before serving top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.