Santa Hat Jello Shots are an easy to make adults-only Christmas party treat made with vodka, jello mix, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream.
A shot that tastes like dessert? Yes, please!
These strawberry jello shots taste like strawberries and cream and go down very smoothly. Plus, they are decorated to look like Santa hats for fun Christmas vibe.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- jello mix – A 3 ounce box of strawberry jello mix.
- vodka – I used reuglar vodka but you can switch up the flavor with a flavored vodka or even try the recipe with rum or another liquor instead.
- water – one cup boiling water, and a half cup cold water
- whipped cream – Add sweetness to the shots and helps transform them into santa hats
- fresh strawberries – when cutting off the stems, cut the strawberries as flat as possible on top so that they stand up straight
You will also need 2 oz. plastic cups.
How to Make Santa Jello Shots
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Whisk jello mix and boiling water together until the Jello mix is fully dissolved.
Step 2: Stir in cold water and vodka. Allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature.
Step 3: Pour evenly into plastic cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
Step 4: Before serving, top with a layer of whipped cream, an upside down strawberry, and a small dab of whipped cream on top. Enjoy!
Jello Shot Tips
- Easy carrying: Place your jello shot cups in a baking pan or muffin tin (as shown above) for easy transport to and from the fridge for chilling.
- Party ready: Use a disposable foil baking pan and disposable 2 oz cups for easy party transport and clean up.
- Make ahead: Make the shots the night before your party so that they will have plenty of time to set and you won’t have to worry about making them the day of. But, you should wait to add the strawberries and whipped cream until just before serving.
- Kid-friendly: Make them non-alcoholic by replacing the vodka with cold water for a family-friendly Christmas party dessert.
Yes, the recipe can easily be doubled with a 6-ounce box of strawberry jello (or two 3 ounce boxes) and doubling the remaining ingredients.
For stronger jello shots replace the ½ cup of cold water with an additiona l½ cup of vodka, for a total of 1 cup of vodka. Or try ¾ cup vodka and ¼ cup water.
More Christmas Cocktail Party Drinks
- 1 (3 ounce) box of strawberry jello mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup vodka
- ½ cup cold water
- whipped cream, for topping
- 12 strawberries, stems removed
- In a medium bowl, whisk jello mix and boiling water together until the Jello mix is fully dissolved.
- Add the cold water and vodka, whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the plastic cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours (or overnight).
- Before serving, top with a layer of whipped cream, an upside-down strawberry, and a small dab of whipped cream on top. Enjoy!
Place your jello shot cups in a baking pan or muffin tin (as shown above) for easy transport to and from the fridge for chilling.
For stronger shots you can replace the cold water with more vodka.
This jello shot recipe can be easily doubled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.