This easy peach blueberry galette has a rich, buttery crust and a delicious warm blueberry peach filling.
For more incredible blueberry desserts try this easy blueberry fluff salad or this vintage blueberry delight recipe.
Galettes taste just as wonderful as freshly baked pie but are much easier to make.
First things first. Just what exactly is a galette?
What is a galette?
A galette is a rustic French pastry made with a single layer crust folded over a sweet or savory filling, often made of fruit. The crusty, flat cake is similar to a pie or tart, but easier to make.
Easy Rustic Galette
Thes best part is that fruit galettes are an easy no-fuss dessert. There is no need to stress trying to roll out the dough into a perfect circle or fold the dough over neatly.
By nature, galettes are meant to look imperfect and rustic. Like something that grandma would have made in her kitchen, not like a fancy fruit tart that you would buy in the store.
Peach Blueberry Galette Recipe
This recipe is for a galette with a delicious peach and blueberry filling.
The juicy peaches and tart blueberries come together for the perfect flavor combo.
Here is what you will need.
For the dough:
- flour: regular all-purpose flour
- butter: unsalted, cold, and sliced thin
- cottage cheese: small curd
For the filling:
- almond extract: can substitute with vanilla extract if desired
- light brown sugar: adds a bit more sweetness
- peaches: thinly sliced, peeled or with skin on–the choice is yours
- blueberries: fresh are preferred, but frozen will work as well
- corn starch: helps to thicken the fruit filling
- beaten egg: for egg wash before baking
This is just an overview – get the full measurements and instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
How to Make a Blueberry Peach Galette
Once you have gathered your ingredients you can begin making the galette.
1. Make the galette dough: In a mixing bowl, cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter until the mixture is the size of small peas.
Add cottage cheese and stir until combined.
2. Chill the dough: Shape dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Heat the oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Prepare the filling: Place peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract. Gently toss to coat; set aside.
5. Roll the dough: On a piece of flour-dusted parchment paper, roll dough into a roughly 12-inch circle. Remember, it doesn’t have to look perfect. We are going for rustic vibes here! Leave the dough on the parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
6. Assemble the galette: Spoon the fruit mixture onto the dough, leaving a 2-inch border along the perimeter.
Fold dough edges over, crimping and pleating as needed. Brush the beaten egg over the dough and sprinkle with 1-tbsp. brown sugar.
7. Bake: Bake on center rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Cool on cooling rack for 20 minutes before slicing.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, simply cover and store at room temperate for up to 3 days.
Enjoy! I just know that you will love this peach and blueberry galette recipe as much as we do!
Don’t miss these other fruity summers desserts:
- No-bake fruit pizza
- Strawberry icebox cake– only 3 ingredients!
- Berry trifle
- No-bake blueberry yum yum
- 2-Ingredient pineapple angel food cake
- Peach bundt cake with cream cheese icing
Peach Blueberry Galette
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cold, cut into small slices about ⅛ inch thick
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3 medium peaches, sliced thin
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp light brown sugar, divided
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Add flour and sliced butter to a mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is the size of small peas. Add cottage cheese and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Using your hands, shape dough into a ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Add ¼ cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract. Gently toss to coat the fruit. Set aside.
- On a piece of flour-dusted parchment paper, roll dough into a roughly 12-inch. Leave the dough on the parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spoon fruit onto the dough and spread evenly, leaving a 2-inch border along the perimeter. Fold dough edges over, crimping and pleating as needed. Brush the beaten egg over the dough and sprinkle with 1-tbsp. brown sugar.
- Bake on center rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
Shared on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck.
Leave a Reply