Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
This easy peach blueberry galette has a rich, buttery crust and a delicious warm blueberry peach filling.
Galettes taste just as wonderful as freshly baked pie but are much easier to make.
First things first. Just what exactly is a galette?
What is a galette?
A galette is a rustic French pastry made with a single layer crust folded over a sweet or savory filling, often made of fruit. The crusty, flat cake is similar to a pie or tart, but easier to make.
Easy Rustic Galette
Thes best part is that fruit galettes are an easy no-fuss dessert. There is no need to stress trying to roll out the dough into a perfect circle or fold the dough over neatly.
By nature, galettes are meant to look imperfect and rustic. Like something that grandma would have made in her kitchen, not like a fancy fruit tart that you would buy in the store.
Peach Blueberry Galette Recipe
This recipe is for a galette with a delicious peach and blueberry filling.
The juicy peaches and tart blueberries come together for the perfect flavor combo.
Here is what you will need.
For the dough:
- flour: regular all-purpose flour
- butter: unsalted, cold, and sliced thin
- cottage cheese: small curd
For the filling:
- almond extract: can substitute with vanilla extract if desired
- light brown sugar: adds a bit more sweetness
- peaches: thinly sliced, peeled or with skin on–the choice is yours
- blueberries: fresh are preferred, but frozen will work as well
- corn starch: helps to thicken the fruit filling
- beaten egg: for egg wash before baking
This is just an overview – get the full measurements and instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
How to Make a Blueberry Peach Galette
Once you have gathered your ingredients you can begin making the galette.
1. Make the galette dough: In a mixing bowl, cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter until the mixture is the size of small peas.
Add cottage cheese and stir until combined.
2. Chill the dough: Shape dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Heat the oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Prepare the filling: Place peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract. Gently toss to coat; set aside.
5. Roll the dough: On a piece of flour-dusted parchment paper, roll dough into a roughly 12-inch circle. Remember, it doesn’t have to look perfect. We are going for rustic vibes here! Leave the dough on the parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
6. Assemble the galette: Spoon the fruit mixture onto the dough, leaving a 2-inch border along the perimeter.
Fold dough edges over, crimping and pleating as needed. Brush the beaten egg over the dough and sprinkle with 1-tbsp. brown sugar.
7. Bake: Bake on center rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Cool on cooling rack for 20 minutes before slicing.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, simply cover and store at room temperate for up to 3 days.
Enjoy! I just know that you will love this peach and blueberry galette recipe as much as we do!
Don’t miss these other fruity summers desserts:
- No-bake fruit pizza
- Strawberry icebox cake– only 3 ingredients!
- Berry trifle
- No-bake blueberry yum yum
- 2-Ingredient pineapple angel food cake recipe
- Peach bundt cake with cream cheese icing
Peach Blueberry Galette
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter cold, cut into small slices about ⅛ inch thick
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3 medium peaches sliced thin
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp light brown sugar divided
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 large egg beaten
- Add flour and sliced butter to a mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is the size of small peas. Add cottage cheese and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Using your hands, shape dough into a ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place peaches and blueberries in a large bowl. Add ¼ cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract. Gently toss to coat the fruit. Set aside.
- On a piece of flour-dusted parchment paper, roll dough into a roughly 12-inch. Leave the dough on the parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spoon fruit onto the dough and spread evenly, leaving a 2-inch border along the perimeter. Fold dough edges over, crimping and pleating as needed. Brush the beaten egg over the dough and sprinkle with 1-tbsp. brown sugar.
- Bake on center rack until golden brown and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Pin for Later: