This easy homemade strawberry yogurt pound cake with a sweet strawberry glaze will have everyone asking for a second slice.
Who doesn’t love a nice pound cake? It’s amazing in the summer to top with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
But what if you added the strawberries to the pound cake itself?
Better yet, what if the recipe was super easy to make?
That’s exactly what you’ll get from this recipe – an easy & delicious strawberry pound cake.
Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake
Strawberry pound cake meets strawberry yogurt cake with this tasty recipe.
The Greek yogurt combines with bits of fresh strawberries to give this homemade strawberry pound cake it’s moist texture and delicious flavor.
If you love strawberries, you are going to love this pound cake.
Perfect for Dessert or Breakfast
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for a delicious dessert. I especially love to serve this sweet treat up as a Mother’s Day dessert.
Or, enjoy a slice in the morning with some fresh berries and a cup of tea
Either way, you are going to love this easy strawberry cake recipe.
Next time I make this strawberry pound cake I think I will add about 1/4 cup white chocolate chips to the batter. White chocolate compliments strawberry so well, I think it would truly be amazing.
But, hey, if one of you wants to try adding some white chocolate chips before then, go for it. Then, be sure to come back and let us know how it comes out.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup strawberries, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prep a loaf pan with a coat of non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in diced strawberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a 2-3 minutes on the countertop, then turn cake over on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
- Combine powdered sugar and strawberries to form the glaze.
- Pour glaze over cooled pound cake. Allow glaze to set before slicing and serving.