This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Mazola® Corn Oil.
When preparing “better for you” recipes like this delicious pound cake, I look for ingredients that I can swap for lighter alternatives. For recipes that call for butter or oil, I like to use cholesterol free Mazola® Corn Oil 40 oz. instead. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see MAZOLA.com.
With a neutral taste and a high smoke point, heart-healthy Mazola Corn Oil is perfect for everything from stir-frying and sautéing to baking. It is truly an all-purpose cooking oil.
It is no secret that my husband and I are major dessert-lovers. This week I decided to create a “better for you” cake recipe using Mazola Corn Oil.
With just a few simple swaps, I was able to make this delicious, lightened up, blueberry lemon pound cake.
I used Mazola® Corn Oil in place of the butter in the original recipe. I also swapped the sour cream the recipe calls for with nonfat Greek yogurt, and the sugar for a sugar substitute suitable for baking.
The result was a moist and delicious blueberry lemon pound cake, perfect for enjoying as a guilt-free dessert after a lightened-up meal.
Guilt-Free Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
This delicious blueberry lemon pound cake is very simple to make.
First, gather your ingredients: Mazola Corn Oil, yellow cake mix, a sugar substitute suitable for baking (we a no calorie sweetener made with sucralose), eggs, vanilla, lemon extract, water, nonfat Greek yogurt, and flour.
Using an electric mixing, beat Mazola and the sugar substitute together on medium speed.
Next, add the eggs, followed by the vanilla, lemon extract, water, and Greek yogurt, mixing well.
Then, reduce speed to low and add the cake mix and flour, beating until just incorporated.
Gently stir in the blueberries and pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Allow 10 minutes to cool before turning bundt pan onto a plate or wire rack to remove the pound cake.
I hope that you and your family enjoy this delicious, better-for-you, blueberry lemon pound cake featuring Mazola Corn Oil.
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- yellow cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 10 inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat Mazola and sugar substitute on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add vanilla, lemon extract, water, and yogurt, beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low and slowly add cake mix and flour, beating until just incorporated.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Allow 10 minutes to cool before turning onto a plate or wire rake to remove cake.