Everyone is sure to love these super cute ghost doughnuts this Halloween. And, you will love how amazingly quick and easy they were to make!
Speaking of quick and easy Halloween treats, be sure to give our 4-Ingredient Candy Corn Cookies a try.
Halloween Ghost Doughnuts
Who says the Halloween fun can’t start first thing in the morning? Your kids will love waking up to this sweet Halloween breakfast treat.
Best of all though, these ghost doughnuts are so easy to make and start with a cake mix of your choice. You can make them the night before Halloween or that morning — either way they don’t take too much time.
>> Related: Bloodshot Monster Eyeball Doughnuts
While these are a great Halloween breakfast option, they are definitely sweet enough to serve as a dessert for a Halloween party or to take to the office on Halloween. After all, who doesn’t love doughnuts?
Other than the cake mix and the normal ingredients you need to add to prepare it, you just need candy melts, black gel icing, and a good doughnut pan.
Your kids will love to help decorate these fun Halloween doughnuts. They can help dip the doughnuts in the white candy melts and draw on the ghost’s eyes.
I hope that you enjoy this easy spooky treat this Halloween.
More Easy Halloween Recipes
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 box of cake mix, we used Krispy Kreme Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- White Candy Melts
- Black Gel Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Transfer batter into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour into the pan, making sure not to fill doughnut cavities all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt white candy melts in the microwave or with a Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into the white candy melts and then place on a plate and allow to harden for 5 minutes.
- Use the black decorating icing to draw two ovals for eyes right above the hole in the doughnuts to make it look like a screaming ghost.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Jennifer Johnson says
These turned out adorable! I had no idea that is Krispy Kreme had a cake mix like this, I need to try to find one of these!