Bloodshot monster eyeball doughnuts make the perfect creepy Halloween dessert! Just mix, bake, and decorate and this spooky treat will be ready in no time!
Monsters go hand in hand with Halloween. That is why these creepy bloodshot monster eyeball doughnuts make the perfect treat to serve at your Halloween party. Your guests are sure to get a kick out of them. Plus, they will love the doughnuts’ rich and delicious icing.
The best part is that these donuts are so super easy to make. No frying necessary. Start with a boxed mix and just prepare as directed on the box, pop in the oven, and these spooky treats will be ready to decorate before you know it.
The key to making these eyeball doughnuts really is to have all the right supplies. Be sure to pick up a doughnut pan, piping bags and a no. 2 round tip. Links to purchase the products on Amazon are included below for your convenience.
Bloodshot Monster Eyeball Doughnuts Ingredients
- cake mix (we used Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Cake Mix)
- vegetable oil
- White Wilton Candy Melts
- Red Icing
- Black Icing
You will also need the following supplies:
- Wilton Donut Pan
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Piping bags and #2 round tip (optional)
- Wilton Melting Pot (optional)
Making Bloodshot Monster Eyeball Doughnuts
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Then, mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs according to the instructions on the cake mix box. Pour doughnut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the doughnut mix into the pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Melt white candy melts as per package directions and dip the top of each donut into the melted white candy.
Step 3: Place an unmelted candy melt in the center of each doughnut. (You could also try using a mini marshmallow instead.)
Step 4: Use red icing to draw squiggly lines (aka veins) on each doughnut. Then, using black icing, draw a dot on the center of each candy melt.
Pro Tip: You can draw using the gel icing tubes or add the icing to a piping bag and pipe the details on with a #2 round tip.
All set! Your Bloodshot Monster Eyeball Doughnuts are ready to enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and that you and your family have a very happy Halloween!
More easy Halloween recipes
Bloodshot Monster Eyeball Doughnuts
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 15.25 ounces vanilla cake mix, we used Krispy Kreme Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ water
- ⅓ vegetable oil
- 12 ounces bright white candy melts
- 1 red decorating gel icing tube
- 1 black decorating gel icing tube
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉ and spray doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Pour doughnut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the doughnut mix into the pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt white candy melts in the microwave or as per instructions on the package.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into the white candy melts and then place on a plate.
- Place an unmelted candy melt in the center of each doughnut.
- Use the red iciing tube to draw 5-6 squiggly lines (aka veins) on each doughnut using red icing.
- Draw a dot on the center of each candy melt using black icing.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.