Gingerbread monkey bread makes an easy and delicious breakfast for Christmas morning — although it is totally sweet enough to serve for dessert as well!
While toast or cereal is great for breakfast any other day, Christmas morning calls for something special. Something extra sweet and extra indulging. Like this easy monkey bread!
Gingerbread Monkey Bread
Like our Christmas morning monkey bread, this gingerbread monkey bread also makes for a perfect Christmas morning breakfast. It is easy to make, packed with Gingerbread flavor, and oh-so-delicious.
So add the following ingredients to your shopping list, print out the recipe, grab your bundt pan, and get ready to make this delicious Christmas morning breakast.
More tasty recipes to add your Christmas breakfast spread:
- Swedish Tea Ring
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Maple Walnut Coffee Cake
- Gingerbread Latte – easy crockpot recipe!
For the Bread:
- 3 cans cinnamon roll dough (regular size cans)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Gingerbread Syrup
- Gingerbread cookie crumbles (optional)
For the Glaze:
- 1 (16 oz) container cream cheese frosting
- ¼ cup Gingerbread Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover bundt pan with a layer of non-stick spray and set aside.
- Open and separate cinnamon buns. Cut each bun into quarters. Sed aside.
- In a large bowl, combine white sugar, brown sugar, and gingerbread spice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese frosting and gingerbread syrup. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir well to combine melted butter and gingerbread syrup.
- Dip each piece of cinnamon roll dough into the melted butter and syrup mixture. Then, roll the dough through the sugar mixture until well coated and place it into the bundt pan.
- When the bundt pan is half full, drizzle with half of the glaze.
- After filling bundt pan, bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and no longer doughy.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Then, put a serving platter or large plate on top of the bundt pan and turn the monkey bread over onto the platter. Give the top of the pan a few hard taps to help release the sticky monkey bread.
- Drizzle the remaining glaze over the top of the monkey bread. If desired, sprinkle crumbled gingerbread cookies on top. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later: