Make a smooth and creamy copycat Starbucks caramel macchiato at home in 5 minutes with just 4 simple ingredients with this easy recipe.
Skip the coffee shop and enjoy your hot caramel macchiato right at home. Your wallet will thank you!
I am a sucker for a good caffeine-infused drink. Along with my easy homemade caramel frappuccino, this Starbucks caramel macchiato copycat recipe has quickly become one of my favorites to make lately. I like to enjoy it with breakfast or as a mid-day pick me up.
Caramel Macchiato Recipe
Making a delicious caramel macchiato coffee at home is actually super simple. You don’t need an espresso maker–just regular coffee!
Grab your favorite coffee and transform it into a flavorful caramel coffee drink.
Why Make This Coffee At Home
- Quick – just takes 5 minutes
- Easy – only 4 ingredients
- Can make and stay in your pajamas
- no fancy equipment needed, just a spoon to mix it up!
That is all you need to make a delicious homemade caramel macchiato!
How to Make a Caramel Macchiato at Home
- Brew up some coffee and pour in your favorite mug.
- Stir in the cream, sugar, and caramel sauce (try this homemade caramel sauce recipe).
- Pile on some whipped cream and drizzle with a bit more caramel sauce.
- Enjoy, preferably while on the couch in your pajamas.
How to Make an Iced Caramel Macchiato
If you prefer an iced caramel macchiato just add in ice after combining the ingredients then top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.
Having a sippable iced macchiato is one of my favorites on hotter days!
Can I Make This Dairy-Free?
If you want to make this a dairy-free drink you can use coconut milk instead of heavy cream. For the whipped cream you can leave it off or use a dairy-free alternative. Be sure to check that your caramel syrup is dairy-free as well.
Can I Use Espresso Instead of Coffee?
If you have an espresso machine you can use absolutely use espresso instead of classic brewed coffee to make your macchiato. Combine 1/2 a cup of espresso, 8 oz of hot milk, and the sugar and caramel sauce as called for in the recipe below.
How to Make Milk Froth For A Macchiato
If you have a milk frother you can steam your milk and create the perfect froth to gently dollop on top of your drink. This is a simple and easy way to take your drink up a notch. You can buy a milk frother pretty inexpensively on Amazon.
- 8-12 ounces coffee, hot
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon caramel sauce
- Pour hot coffee into your favorite mug.
- Mix caramel sauce and sugar into hot coffee until melted.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy!
To make an iced macchiato: add ice cubes after step 3, then top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.