Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Delicious strawberry cake mix cookies with white chocolate chips are soft, chewy, and easy to make with just 4 ingredients! While the colorful pink cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day or a baby shower, the easy strawberry cake mix cookie recipe is also a great sweet treat to make any time of year.
Between working on the blog, keeping the house clean(ish) and entertaining our very high energy toddler, saying life is busy is an understatement.
Which is why I love a good shortcut in the kitchen.
Like lemon cake mix cookies, red velvet cake mix cookies, chocolate cake mix cookies with M&Ms, and funfetti cake mix cookies, making strawberry cookies from cake mix helps cut down on ingredients as well as the prep time.
In fact, these strawberry cake cookies are so easy that my 2-year-old often helps me make a batch! He loves to pour the box of strawberry cake mix and oil into the bowl, stir everything together, and eat the yummy strawberry cookies with white chocolate chips when they are ready.
The best part is that all you need for these easy cookies are 4 simple ingredients – or 3 ingredients if you skip the white chocolate chips!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Strawberry cake mix – a standard size 15.25 oz box of Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, or Duncan Hines strawberry cake mix.
- Vegetable oil – or substitute with canola oil if you prefer.
- White chocolate chips – we use 1 cup because we like a lot of chocolate chips but you could use 2/3 if you prefer less or even leave them out.
How to Make Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix
These delicious cookies couldn’t be easier to make in just 4 simple steps:
- MIX: Combine ingredients together to form a dough.
- CHILL: Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- FORM: Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- BAKE: Bake for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
I hope that you enjoy this easy strawberry cake mix cookie recipe as much as we do!
Countertop: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Freezer: Place cookies in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container with wax paper between each layer at freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies at room temperature.
You can also freeze the cookie dough in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before baking.
Follow these helpful baking tips for the best easy cake mix cookies.
CHILL DOUGH: Don’t skip chilling the cookie dough. Chilling works to prevent cookie dough from spreading too much while baking, which can result in flat cookies. It also keeps the dough from sticking to your hands while you are rolling the cookie dough balls. If your cookie dough becomes too sticky while you are working with it you can chill it for another 15 minutes or so to firm it back up again.
KEEP SIZE SAME: Keep the size of your cookie dough balls the same so that all cookies bake evenly.
SHAPE DOUGH: After placing the balls of cookie dough on your baking sheets, gently press down on each ball to flatten it slightly. This will help to make sure the cookies take a nice circular shape as they bake.
Swap the chips: Don’t care for white chocolate? Dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips are great options that add a different flavor.
Strawberry Crinkle Cookies: Leave out the chocolate chips and roll each cookie dough ball in powdered sugar before baking.
Sky’s the limit. Try different flavor combinations, using different cake mixes.
More easy desserts full of strawberry flavor
- strawberry jello poke cake
- 3-ingredient strawberry dump cake
- no-bake strawberry jello pie – only 4 ingredients!
- strawberry yogurt pound cake
- strawberry icebox cake – just 3 ingredients!
- strawberry stuffed cupcakes
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 ounce strawberry cake mix (1 box)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips optional
- In a large bowl, combine the box of cake mix, eggs, and oil. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line each cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- If the dough becomes too sticky and difficult to roll into balls, put the dough back in the fridge for 15 additional minutes to allow it to firm up.
- Store covered in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.