Cheddar cheese cookies with Rice Krispies are delightfully crunchy and savory with a nice kick of spice. Serve them as a snack or appetizer alone or add them to your appetizer board!
Cheese Cookies with Rice Krispies
Did your mom or grandma make cheese cookies with Rice Krispies when you were growing up?
They are not your typical cookies–they aren’t sweet or meant to be served as dessert.
Instead, the crispy cheese cookies make for a savory snack or appetizer with a little kick of spice.
The savory cheese bites pair perfectly with a glass of wine, making them a great appetizer for cocktail parties and holidays.
Don’t get me wrong, spicy cheese cookies are great to make to be enjoyed at home with the family as well. They pair well with a bowl of soup and are a wonderful grab and go snack option.
However you choose to serve them, you are going to love this unique savory cookie recipe.
Cheddar Cheese Cookie Ingredients
This easy cheese appetizer recipe calls for just a few simple ingredients, most of which you likely already have in your pantry.
- butter: 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- flour: regular ‘ol all-purpose flour
- cheddar cheese: finely shredded or grated
- Rice Krispies: or other puffed rice cereal
- spices: paprika, cayenne, and salt
How to Make Cheese Cookies
You will love how quick and easy these are to make.
First, you will need to combine the butter, flour, cheese, spices, together to form a dough. Then, gently stir in the Rice Krisipes, trying to mix it in as well as possible while keeping the rice cereal intact.
Next, rolls the dough into 1″ balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern on the top of each dough ball, as you would when making peanut butter cookies.
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 325 F.
Allow cookie to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded or grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix well to combine butter, cheese, flour, spices using (clean) hands. Fold in rice cereal.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place on the baking sheet. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern on the top of each dough ball.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Flatten more and bake longer for crispier cookies.
- Try switching up the spices to customize the cookies to your tastes. I have seen variations of this recipe made with black pepper, tobacco, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperate for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later