These cranberry cookies are the PERFECT holiday cookie recipe for Christmas this year! They’re moist, delicious, and full of that perfect holiday flavor.
One of the best parts of this cranberry cookies recipe is how easy it is!
If you’ve been on the search for a recipe for cranberry cookies that’s easy – this is it! Mix your batter, plop it on a cookie sheet, and bake. It only takes less than 30 minutes!! Could it be any easier??
They are great for Christmas cookie exchanges or just as a sweet holiday dessert for your family.
Recipe for cranberry cookies
If you want a little extra touch to your cranberry cookies recipe, you can even add some of your favorite add-ins. You could make these cranberry cookies with white chocolate chips, walnuts, or even some macadamia nuts.
We really enjoy turning these into white chocolate cranberry cookies occasionally.
Whatever you decide to add, I know you will love these!
Cranberry cookies recipe
With holidays nearly here, these could make a fantastic gift for a friend or family member. You could double the recipe to make these delicious cranberry cookies for all your loved ones. Just tie a few together with string for a nice touch and you have an easy gift for the holidays.
Not to mention, these are a real crowd-pleaser! Skip the gifting and lay them out for everyone to enjoy this holiday season. They will be gone in the blink of an eye, ha!
Cranberry cookies ingredients
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla instant pudding
- vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- baking soda
- all-purpose flour
- dried cranberries
How to make cranberry cookies from scratch
PREPARE: Start by preheating your oven to 350F and lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
MIX THE BATTER: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars, pudding mix, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and butter; mix until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Then add the baking soda and gradually add the flour as you mix the batter.
ADD THE CRANBERRIES: Fold in the cranberries and then drop a spoonful of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
BAKE AND SERVE: Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve once cooled!
Can I use salted butter?
It is not recommended, no. Salted butter has an undetermined amount of salt and can alter the taste of baked goods, when used. For best results, always use unsalted butter when baking!
How do I bring butter and eggs to room temperature quickly?
Sometimes you want to bake on a whim, right? Well to still get your ingredients to room temperature, place your eggs in a bowl of cold water for about 10 minutes. Then, microwave your butter in its wrapper for 5 seconds on each side. (Flip to all 4 sides in 5-second increments)
Can I make these cranberry cookies ahead of time?
Yes! While they are best eaten within a few days (stored in an airtight container), they will last up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to a month once baked and store in an airtight container.
More Great Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Italian Anise Cookies
- Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies – just 4 ingredients!
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Mexican Crinkle Cookies with a Kick
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugars, pudding mix, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and butter. Mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix in between.
- Add the baking soda and gradually add the flour as you continue to mix the batter.
- Fold in the cranberries and drop a spoonful of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Continue until you've used up all the batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve once they have cooled completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for later