Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
4-ingredient peppermint patty cookies are easy to make using boxed chocolate cake mix and a few other simple ingredients.
These York peppermint patty cookies are soft, chewy, fudgy, and full of delicious mint chocolate flavor. They make a great peppermint dessert for a holiday cookie exchange or as a sweet peppermint chocolate treat for any time of the year.
If you like York peppermint patties, you should give my homemade peppermint patty recipe a try as well. So delicious
Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Cookies Recipe
I love warm, freshly baked cookies. There is just something about warm and fudgy cookies that make them one of my favorite desserts.
Thanks to boxed cake mix, homemade cookies like these can be quick and easy to make.
Here is what you will need:
- CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX: devil’s food or chocolate fudge cake mix both work wonderfully
- OIL: vegetable oil or canola oil
- EGGS: 2 large eggs
- PEPPERMINT PATTIES: York peppermint patties are ideal, but generic work as well
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies With Peppermint Patties
Simply mix, form, stuff, and bake!
- MIX cake mix, oil, and eggs to form a dough
- FORM dough into 1-inch balls and press down to flatten slightly
- STUFF with peppermint patties
- BAKE in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes
We topped our cookies with chopped Andes Mints before baking. This step is totally optional and the peppermint patty stuffed cookies taste amazing with or without them.
Other topping ideas include sprinkles or chopped peppermint patties.
Use a cookie scoop. The dough is sticky and hard to roll by hand. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough into balls instead.
More holiday cookie recipes
- Grinch cookies
- soft frosted cookies
- Christmas sprinkle cookies – made with pudding mix!
- brownie mix cookies
- chocolate peppermint bark cookies
- Classic Sugar Cookies
Peppermint Patty Cookies
- 15.25 chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 25 peppermint patties
- ½ cup chopped peppermint patties chopped Andes mints, or sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Mix well to combine the chocolate cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Scoop dough into 1-tablespoon sized balls and place 2" apart on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each ball slightly and place a peppermint patty in the center. Fold the cookie dough around the patty so that it is completely enclosed.
- Top with sprinkles or chopped mint chocolate candies, if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.