You will love this easy 5-ingredient brownie mix crinkle cookie recipe made from boxed brownie mix.
For another brownie mix dessert check out my easy brookie bar recipe.
Can you make cookies with brownie mix?
After sharing several cake mix cookie recipes I have been asked if you can make cookies with brownie mix as well. I am happy to let you know that the answer is yes! In fact, boxed mix brownie cookies are quick and easy to make.
Below is a brownie mix cookie recipe that is loaded with brownie flavor, rolled in powdered sugar, and baked to delicious perfection.
Don’t care for crinkle cookies? There are many other ways to dress up your brownie cookies if you so choose (see recipe variation notes below).
Read on to learn how to make cookies out of brownie mix.
Brownie Mix Cookies
These delicious fudge brownie crinkle cookies are great for potlucks, parties, or simply as a tasty mid-week dessert.
The best part is that the recipe only calls for 5 ingredients! That is all that it takes to make homemade chocolate crinkles!
What Do I Need For This Brownie Cookie Recipe?
- Fudge Brownie Mix – Any brand will work
- Powdered Sugar
Variations To Recipe
- You can skip rolling your cookies in the powdered sugar if you don’t want a crinkle cookie.
- Instead, consider adding frosting to the top of cookies with a bit of sprinkles for decoration.
- Drizzle some white chocolate or even milk chocolate on cookies.
- Stir in a few chopped nuts for a nice crunch, or even chocolate chips.
How to make cookies from brownie mix
Mix Brownie Cookie Batter | Follow the instructions in the recipe card below to prepare your brownie cookie batter in a large bowl. Since the batter is rather thick and sticky it helps to get your hands in there to mix it up really well.
Roll in Powdered Sugar | Form the dough into balls and then roll in powdered sugar. I recommend using a cookie scoop to ensure you get even shaped cookies. If the dough is too sticky and you are having trouble working with it just pop it in the fridge for an hour to stiffen up. It will be much easier to work with after chilling.
Bake | Finally you will bake your brownie cookies and allow them to cool a bit then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Brownie batter cookies are such a fun cookie recipe for the kids to help prepare. Your little helpers will have a blast helping mix the dough, roll the dough into balls, and then cover them in powdered sugar.
Do Brownie Cookies Freeze Well?
Cookies made with brownie mix do freeze nicely.
Some of the powdered sugar can melt off a bit on the cookies, but overall they will still taste yummy!
Just allow the cookies to fully cool. Then you can place them in a freezer bag and store for up to three months. Thaw on the counter and then enjoy whenever you would like.
Can I Use A Gluten-Free Brownie Mix?
If you are gluten-free you should be able to reach for a store-bought brownie mix that is gluten-free. I have not tried this so I can’t say for sure if it will form up the same. But, it should work to convert. I know Betty Crocker has a gluten-free brownie mix you could give a try.
I hope that you enjoy these brownie mix cookies as much as we do!
For another delicious chooclate cookie recipe give our chocolate cherry thumbprint cookies a try.
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone liner.
- Stir to combine brownie mix and flour in a large bowl. Mix in eggs and melted butter. The dough will be thick and you will likely have to get your hands in there to really mix it together well.
- Roll dough into balls (approx 1 Tbsp in size) then roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully.
If you are having a hard time rolling the dough into balls, let it chill in the fridge for an hour and it will be easier to work with.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.