Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Air fryer pizza bagels are quick and easy to make in 10 minutes with just 5 simple ingredients. They have the ideal crispy texture and are a perfect easy meal or easy snack to satisfy your pizza cravings.
If you’re a fan of simple recipes that are a hit with the whole family, you’re going to love this air fryer pizza bagels recipe. They’re perfect for busy school nights, a fun pizza night, or even as a delicious and easy after-school snack.
Plus, they’re completely customizable, so you can make them just the way you like.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and Easy: With just a few minutes of prep and 5 minutes of cooking time, these homemade pizza bagels are perfect for busy school nights or a fun pizza night with your family.
- Perfect Texture: The air fryer gives you that ideal crispy texture without any fuss.
- Kid-Friendly: Make your own pizza bagel bites and let your kids add their favorite pizza toppings for a simple and delicious lunch or after-school snack.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Bagels– We’ve used plain bagels for this recipe, but you can get creative with different bagel varieties like whole wheat, sesame seed, or even everything for a unique twist. Or use whatever leftover bagels you have on hand!
- Pizza sauce – You can buy a jar at the grocery store, make this quick pizza sauce with tomato paste, or even substitute it with marinara sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella cheese gives that gooey, cheesy goodness, but feel free to substitute with your favorite cheese or a blend of cheeses.
- Pepperoni – We used mini pepperonis but you can use regular size pepperoni or leave them off if you prefer.
- Seasoning – Dried oregano or pizza seasoning provides classic Italian flavor, but you can customize the seasoning with garlic powder, onion powder, or any of your preferred herbs and spices.
- Fresh basil (optional) – Fresh basil adds a delightful freshness, but if you don’t have it on hand, you can substitute it with dried basil or skip it altogether.
- Air Fryer (we used this 4.2 quart air fryer)
- Tongs or metal spatula (for transferring bagels to and from the air fryer basket)
How to make pizza bagels in air fryer
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Spread pizza sauce on bagel halves.
Step 2: Top with shredded cheese, mini pepperonis, and dried oregano.
Step 3: Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 370℉ for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and the cheese on top is melted.
Note: You may need to cook in batches (we did 2 batchs in our 4 quart air fryer).
No air fryer? No problem! To prepare in the oven, place on a baking sheet and bake at 400℉ for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover pizza bagels covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Freezer: Make bagel pizzas and freeze (before or after cooking) in a single layer in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Heat in the air fryer for about 5-6 minutes. If freezing without cooking, you might need to add more cook time.
Pair your easy Air Fryer Pizza Bagels with a fresh salad or some veggie sticks for a well-balanced meal. They’re also perfect for dipping into extra pizza sauce or a zesty ranch dressing.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Bagel Pizzas
- Go Light on Sauce: Overloading can make bagels soggy; a little goes a long way.
- Watch the Clock: Keep an eye on cook time; it can vary based on your air fryer model.
- Get the Kids Involved: Let the whole family make their own pizza bagel with their favorite toppings.
- Extra Crispy: For extra crispy pizza bagels toast the bagels in the air fryer for a minute or two before adding the sauce and toppings.
- Make Extra: Make extras and freeze for a quick weeknight dinner, easy lunch, or whenever you crave delicious pizzas.
Additions and variations
- Experiment with different cheeses like cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, parmesan cheese, and/or ricotta cheese.
- Get creative with different toppings such as sausage, black olives, mushrooms, bell peppers, fresh basil, etc…
- Use mini bagels to make to make tasty homemade bagel bites. You can even freeze the mini pizzas to have homemade frozen bagel bites on hand for a delicious snack anytime.
- Try adding red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
When cooking frozen pizza bagels in the air fryer, heat them at 370℉ for approximately 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure they’re heated through and crispy.
Bagel bites can be delicious when prepared in both the oven and air fryer. The air fryer offers quicker cooking times and extra crispiness, while the oven provides a slightly different texture and is better for larger batches. It’s a matter of personal preference.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Enjoy your easy pizza bagels, and don’t forget to check out my other easy Air Fryer recipes for more great options.
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites with Pizza Dough
- Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Ham with Pineapple
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
- 3 plain bagels sliced in half
- ½ cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup mini pepperoni
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or pizza seasoning
- fresh basil optional
- Spread pizza sauce on each bagel half.
- Top with shredded cheese, pepperoni, and seasoning.
- Place in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook at 370℉ for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and the cheese on top is melted. You will likely have to cook in batches.