Sheet pan shrimp fajitas are a quick and easy weeknight recipe that will have a dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Want to switch it up for taco Tuesday this week?
Or maybe you are craving great shrimp fajitas but don’t feel like making a trip to your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Either way, you are going to love this easy shrimp fajitas recipe.
Packed with bold flavors, these delicious shrimp fajitas are easy to make in a single sheet pan. I don’t know about you, but fewer dishes after dinner is always a win in my book.
Shrimp: One pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. You can remove the tails either before or after cooking.
Vegetables: One red onion and 3 bell peppers, all thinly sliced. I used one green, one yellow, and one orange pepper to give a nice variety of colors. But if you can’t find one of each no worries at all. Just be sure to get 3 bell peppers total.
Seasonings: chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and salt combine for the perfect fajita seasoning mix.
Tortillas: Corn or flour fajita-size tortillas.
Lime: Cut into wedges for squeezing fresh lime juice over fajitas.
Optional toppings: Sour cream, fresh avocado, salsa, guacamole, cilantro, pico de gallo, jalapenos, and/or shredded cheese.
How to make sheet pan shrimp fajitas
Start by preheating the oven to 425°F.
Stir to combine your seasonings in a small bowl.
Place the sliced peppers and onions on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the seasoning mixture. Toss to evenly coat.
Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes, or until they start to caramelize around the edges.
Stir the vegetables and push them to the perimiter of the pan. Add the shrimp to the center. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mix. Toss the shrimp gently to coat and make sure they are laying in a single layer.
Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the shrimp are fully cooked.
Warm up your tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave (I like to use one of these).
Spoon shrimp, peppers, and onions onto tortillas and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy.
Store leftover fajitas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
More sheet pan dinners
- Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken Sheet Pan Diiner
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin Dinner
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, wedged
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the sliced peppers and onions to the sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with half of the seasoning mix. Toss to combine.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes, or until they start to caramelize around the edges.
- Stir the vegetables and push them to the sides of the pan; add the shrimp to the center. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mix. Toss the shrimp gently to coat and make sure they are laying in a single layer.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the shrimp have fully cooked.
- Spoon onto tortillas and squeeze 1 lime wedge over each serving. Top with garnishes of your choice.
I used 1 lb 20-25 count shrimp. If you use another size, make sure to adjust the cooking time, if needed. The shrimp are ready to eat when they are firm to the touch and light pink in color.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 571
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.