Packed with salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato sauce, these tasty Italian sliders are an easy to make one-dish recipe.
Who doesn’t love sliders?
Hamburger and cheeseburger sliders are awesome — obviously — but sometimes it is nice to change things up.
Not only are these tasty sliders packed with flavor on the inside, but the buns are brushed with melted butter and Italian seasoning as well.
Bring on the Sliders!
Let these hot Italian sliders inspire you to create other flavor sliders.
You might try chicken parm sliders, Philly cheesesteak sliders, Reuben sliders, or even hot ham and cheese sliders.
The sky’s the limit!
Italian Slider Ingredients
You will notice that the recipe calls for mozzarella, but you could easily use provolone instead. If you are a cheese-lover like me you could even double up on the cheese and have both provolone and mozzarella. After all, can you really have too much cheese?
So grab some slider buns, sauce, and cold cuts and let’s get cookin’!
Don’t miss these other tasty finger foods:
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 12 slices salami
- 9 slices prosciutto
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 9 slices mozzarella (or provolone)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp Italian dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut slider buns in half crosswise through the middle to separate the tops from the bottoms. Place bottom halves in the baking dish.
- Spread tomato sauce onto buns and sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Add layers of salami, prosciutto, pepperoni, and cheese. Then, add the top halves of slider buns.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining Italian seasoning and Italian salad dressing (if using). Brush on top of buns.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 20-30 minutes, until cheese begins to melt and the butter absorbs into rolls.
- Slice into individual sandwiches and serve.