Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
The best easy hot Italian sliders recipe on sweet Hawaiian rolls with salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce. So easy and so good!
The mini sandwiches make a perfect appetizer for football Sunday or easy dinner idea any time of year.
For more Italian sub flavor serve these sliders up with this tasty Italian hoagie pasta salad.
Who doesn’t love sliders?
While cheeseburger sliders are obviously awesome, sometimes it is nice to change things up.
Not only are the hot Italian sub sliders packed with flavor on the inside, but the top of the buns are brushed with melted butter and Italian seasoning as well.
Bring on the Sliders!
Let these hot Italian sliders inspire you to create other flavor sliders. You might try chicken parm sliders, Philly cheesesteak sliders, Reuben sliders, or even hot ham and cheese sliders. The sky’s the limit!
So grab some slider buns, sauce, and cold cuts and let’s get cookin’!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls – perfect for making slider sandwiches.
- Italian Deli Meats – Deli ham or prosciutto, salami, and pepperoni.
- Cheese – We used mozzarella, but you could easily use provolone cheese instead. If you are a cheese-lover like me you could even double up on the cheese and have both provolone and mozzarella. After all, can you really have too much melty cheese?
- Marinara sauce – coats the bottom of the buns before layering on the meat. Also great for dipping.
- Melted butter and Italian seasoning – for brushing on top of the buns before baking.
- Italian dressing – optional, but is delicious when combined with the butter and brushed on top of the buns. We also like to use zesty Italian dressing as a delicious dipping sauce for our sliders.
How to make Easy Italian Sliders
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the slider buns in half, separating the tops from the bottoms. Place bottom half in baking dish and spread on some marinara sauce. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Layer on the Italian deli meats and cheese. Then, add the top hlaf of the slider buns.
- Melt butter then stir in the Italian seasoning, and (optional) Italian salad dressing. Brush the butter mixture on top of the buns.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the butter on top absorbs into rolls.
I like to enjoy the baked Italian sandwiches with some marinara sauce or Italian dressing for dipping, but this is entirely optional. They are great on their own as well.
For an easy lunch or dinner serve with some potato chips and a side salad.
Storage & Reheating
While these are best enjoyed immediately, leftover sliders can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Reheat sliders in the microwave for about 20 seconds or cover them with aluminum foil and bake until warmed through.
Additions and variations
Peppers – Mild banana peppers, pepperoncini, or red peppers are great additions to your Italian Hawaiian roll sliders.
Red Pepper Flakes – Add a little bit of red pepper flakes to the butter mixture to kick your hot Italian sub sliders up a notch.
Don’t miss these other tasty finger foods
Any of these easy recipes would make a perfect party appetizer:
Hot Italian Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 12 slices salami
- 9 slices prosciutto or ham
- 16 slices small pepperoni or 9 slices genoa pepperoni
- 9 slices mozzarella cheese or provolone
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons Italian dressing optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut slider buns in half crosswise through the middle to separate the tops from the bottoms. Place bottom halves in the baking dish.
- Spread marinara sauce onto buns and sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Add layers of salami, prosciutto, pepperoni, and cheese. Then, add the top half of the slider buns.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl or in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining Italian seasoning and Italian salad dressing (if using). Use a basting brush to brush the butter mixture on top of buns.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 20-30 minutes, until cheese begins to melt and the butter absorbs into rolls.
- Slice into individual sandwiches and serve.