Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Spaghetti and meatball cups are an easy-to-make dinner recipe with a fun presentation that the kids will love. They make a great appetizer to serve at parties as well!
What parent isn’t looking for new ways to make food their little ones will love?
When it comes to kids, we all know that presentation is key.
If we can find fun ways to serve a nutritious meal to our kids, it’s a win-win for everyone.
Even better is when it’s a recipe that is quick and easy to make. That’s just icing on the cake.
But, before we can get to the cake, let’s talk about this awesome dinner that your kids will love.
Spaghetti & Meatball Cups Recipe
Serve up a family favorite in a new way with this spaghetti and meatball cup recipe.
They are easy and affordable to make, and fun to eat as well.
With only six ingredients, this is a great kid-friendly meal that you can throw together at a moment’s notice.
Not only does the recipe use basic ingredients, but you don’t even have to make the meatballs! Although, if you wanted to, you could totally make your own meatballs and sneak some veggies into them.
Do your children like to help out in the kitchen?
This recipe is perfect for kids that want to help. They will have so much fun packing the noodles into the muffin tin, forming the “nests” and of course eating them as well!
How to Make Spaghetti & Meatball Nests
Start by gathering your ingredients:
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
- frozen meatballs
Prepare pasta al dente, drain, and rinse with cool water.
Add spaghetti, eggs parmesan, mozzarella, and 1 cup of marinara sauce to a large bowl. Toss until ingredients are well combined.
Prep a muffin tin with a light layer of non-stick spray. Add a scoop of spaghetti to each cup.
Grab a small glass or shot glass and press it into each spaghetti cup to form a well. This is where the meatballs will later on.
Bake spaghetti cups at 350 for 15 minutes, or until set.
While spaghetti cups are in the oven, prepare meatballs according to instructions on the package.
Heat remaining marinara sauce over medium heat until warm. Remove from heat and stir in meatballs.
Remove spaghetti cups from muffin tin and place on serving platter.
Spoon marinara sauce and a meatball into the well of each spaghetti cup. Top with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Switch it Up
Although these spaghetti nests are great just as the recipe is written, you can also switch the recipe up if you desire. There are many ways to alter the recipe for a different taste.
- Use chicken meatballs and top with buffalo sauce instead of marinara.
- Skip the marinara and top the meatballs with cheese sauce for spaghetti cheeseburger cups.
- Or, try topping chicken meatballs with alfredo sauce.
Have fun with it!
Share your great recipe variation ideas in the comments section below!
Bottom line: If you’re looking for something new and fun to make for dinner, your family is going to love these baked spaghetti and meatball cups. Add a salad and garlic bread and you’ve got a complete meal!
More fun finger foods
- Fried pickle spears
- Pull-apart Cuban sliders
- Ranch BLT Roll-Ups
- Buffalo chicken cheese balls
- Meatballs with Grape Jelly and BBQ Sauce
- Popcorn Shrimp
- Nacho bites
Spaghetti and Meatball Cups
- 12 ounce spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 ½ cups marinara sauce divided
- 24 frozen meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain, then rinse with cool water.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, and 1 cup marinara. Toss to mix well.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Add a scoop of spaghetti to each tin. Using a shot glass or other small glass, press firmly down in each to create a well. Bake spaghetti cups until set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While spaghetti cups bake, prepare frozen meatballs according to package instructions.
- Heat remaining 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, add meatballs, and stir.
- Remove spaghetti cups from muffin tin and place on serving platter.
- Spoon a bit of sauce and a meatball into each spaghetti cup. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve warm.