This letter K craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Last week we made a letter J is for Jelly Beans craft. This week we move on to the letter K, and this week’s craft is a kitten.
This craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child’s age, you may need to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them and have the foam pieces ready for them to work with. This way the child can skip the tracing and cutting and simply glue the pieces together.
For older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, you may want to trace the template onto the foam pieces for them, but then allow them to work on their fine motor skills by cutting the pieces out on their own.
Letter K is for Kitten
Supplies & Materials for Letter K Craft
- Letter K template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter K Printable Template)
- Kitten template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Kitten Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
Letter K is for Kitten Craft
1. Cut letter K out of the template.
2. Trace Letter K onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter K out.
4. Cut the kitten and mouse shapes out from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Use a black marker to outline the kitten and the mouse and then add detail.
6. Glue the pieces of the kitten together. Refer to the photos.
7. Add googly eyes to kitten and nose to mouse.
8. Glue the kitten and the mouse onto the letter K.
9. Add the final details to the kitten and mouse with black marker.
I hope that you and the little ones enjoy this letter K craft project.
Lookout for our letter L craft next!
Until then, happy crafting!