This letter J craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
I know, I know… I am very behind on posting our letter of the week crafts.
It has been a couple weeks since we tackled the letter I (check out our letter I craft here if you missed it).
But, I am back today with our latest letter of the week craft post. This week we are moving on to the letter J.
This Letter J craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child's age, you may need to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them and have the foam pieces ready for them to work with. This way the child can skip the tracing and cutting and simply glue the pieces together.
For older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, you may want to trace the template onto the foam pieces for them, but then allow them to work on their fine motor skills by cutting the pieces out on their own.
Letter J is for Jelly Beans
Supplies & Materials for Letter J Craft
- Letter J template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter J Printable Template)
- Jelly Beans template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Jelly Beans Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
Letter J is for Jelly Beans Craft
1. Cut letter J out of the template.
2. Trace Letter J onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter J out.
4. Cut the jelly beans out from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Glue the jelly beans onto the letter J.
7. Glue on the white details.
I hope that you and the little ones enjoy this easy letter J craft project.
Lookout for our letter K craft next week.
Until then, happy crafting.