This letter I craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Okay, I will admit that I totally dropped the ball on our letter of the week craft series. Months have gone by since I posted our letter h craft.
But I am back and ready to craft. Now we move on to the letter I, and this week's letter I craft is an ice skate.
This craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child's age, you may need to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them and have the foam pieces ready for them to work with. This way the child can skip the tracing and cutting and simply glue the pieces together.
For older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, you may want to trace the template onto the foam pieces for them, but then allow them to work on their fine motor skills by cutting the pieces out on their own.
Letter I is for Ice Skate
Supplies & Materials for Letter I Craft
- Letter I template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter I Printable Template)
- Ice Skate template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Ice Skate Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Letter I is for Ice Skate Craft
1. Cut letter I out of the template.
2. Trace Letter I onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter I out.
4. Cut the ice skate shapes out from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Outline the skate pieces with black marker.
6. Glue the skate pieces onto the letter I.
7. Glue on the remaining pieces.
8. Use marker to outline and add detail.
I hope that you and the little ones enjoy this letter I craft project.
Lookout for our letter J craft next!
Until then, happy crafting!