This letter H craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Last week we made a letter G is for Gingerbread craft. This week we move on to the letter H, and this week’s craft is a hamburger.
View entire Letter of the Week series here!
This craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child’s age, you may want to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them. That way you can provide the child with the foam pieces to work with, and the child can simply glue them together. Meanwhile, you may want to allow older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, to work on their fine motor skills and try to cut the pieces out on their own, although they may still need some help tracing the template onto the foam pieces.
Letter H is for Hamburger
Supplies & Materials for Letter H Craft
- Letter H template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter H Printable Template)
- Hamburger template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Hamburger Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Colorful Assortment Card StockWhite Card StockFoam-Sheets, Bright ColorsFiskars 5 Inch Softgrip Blunt-tip Kids ScissorsElmer’s Washable No-Run School GlueSharpie Permanent Marker
Letter H is for Hamburger Craft
1. Cut letter H out of the template.
2. Trace Letter H onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter H out.
4. Cut the hamburger shapes out from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Glue the hamburger onto the letter H. Glue it in layers, slightly overlapping the last layer.
6. Use a black marker to draw sesame seeds onto the top bun.
I hope you enjoyed this fun letter H craft. Lookout next week for a letter I craft!
Until next time, happy crafting!
Leave a Reply