This letter G craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
This craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child’s age, you may want to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them. That way you can provide the child with the foam pieces to work with, and the child can simply glue them together.
Meanwhile, you may want to allow older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, to work on their fine motor skills and try to cut the pieces out on their own, although they may still need some help tracing the template onto the foam pieces.
Letter G is for Gingerbread
Supplies & Materials for Letter G Craft
- Letter G template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter G Printable Template)
- Gingerbread template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Gingerbread Men Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
Letter G is for Gingerbread Craft
1. Cut letter G out of the template.
2. Trace Letter G onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter G out.
4. Cut gingerbread men shapes out from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Glue the white “icing” onto the gingerbread men. Cut off any excess.
6. Glue the buttons onto the gingerbread men.
7. Glue on googly eyes.
8. Use a black marker to add detail.
9. Glue the gingerbread men onto the letter G.
I hope you enjoyed this fun letter G craft. Lookout next week for a letter H craft!
Until next time, happy crafting!