This letter F craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Last week we made a letter E is for ears craft. This week we move on to the letter F, and fire starts with the letter F.
This letter F craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child's age, you may want to help with some of these steps for them. That way you can provide the child with the foam fire pieces and letter F, and the child can simply glue them together. Meanwhile, you may want to allow older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, to work on their fine motor skills and try to cut the pieces out on their own, although they may still need some help tracing the template onto the foam pieces.
Letter F is for Fire
Supplies & Materials for Letter F Craft
- Letter F template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter F Printable Template)
- Fire template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Fire Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Letter F is for Fire Craft
1. Cut letter F out of the template.
2. Trace Letter F onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter F cut.
4. Cut fire pieces out from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Assemble the fire.
6. Glue the fire onto the letter F.
7. Glue teardrop shapes onto the craft foam above the fire for added detail.
I hope you enjoyed this fun letter F craft. Lookout next week for a letter G craft!
Until next time, happy crafting!