Gooey and jiggly, with black glitter and googly eyes, this DIY green monster slime recipe is easy to make and lots of fun to play with!
Happy Halloween! I meant to get this fun DIY green monster slime recipe posted earlier so that it would be available in time for Halloween but… I got all caught up with Halloween recipes and dropped the ball on posting the green monster slime!
But better late than never, right?
This green monster slime recipe is a great activity for the kids on Halloween, or really any day of the year. The kids can help make the slime by adding and mixing the ingredients. Then once it is finished, they will love digging in and playing with it!
Don’t miss our fun pom pom slime tutorial for a colorful slime perfect for any day of the year.
DIY Green Monster Slime Supplies
- ¾ tsp Borax
- 2 cups white school glue
- hot water
- 8-10 drops green food coloring
- googly eyes
- black glitter
- 2 large bowls
DIY Green Monster Slime Recipe
- In one bowl, mix together Borax with 1 ⅓ cups hot water until the Borax is dissolved.
- In a second large bowl, combine white school glue with 1 ½ cups of hot water and green food coloring.
- Combine the contents of both bowls into one, and mix thoroughly. First, use a large spoon to combine, and eventually switch to using your hands. Keep kneading and squeezing the mixture until all of the liquid has been incorporated into the slime, and you come out with the right consistency.
- Add in black glitter and the googly eyes. You can mix to combine these, but they will naturally combine as you play with the slime. Disposable gloves are optional at this point if you want to keep the glitter from sticking to your hands initially. Once the glitter is incorporated into the slime, it will not stick to your hands.
Shop DIY Green Monster Slime Supplies
Elmer’s Liquid School GlueTwenty Mule Team BoraxMcCormick Food Colors & Egg DyeGoogly EyesLarge Craft Glitter, BlackPlastic Bowls, Set of 3 (Large)Silicone Mixing Spoon
More fun monster ideas for Halloween: