This letter E craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Last week we made a letter D is for dog craft. This week we move on to the letter E, and Ear starts with the letter E.
This letter E craft requires cutting, tracing, and some line detail. Depending on the child's age, you may want to some of these steps for them. That way you can provide the child with the foam ears and letter E to work with, and the child can simply glue them together. Meanwhile, you may want to allow older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, to work on their fine motor skills and try to cut the pieces out on their own, although they may still need some help tracing the template onto the foam pieces.
Letter E is for Ears
Supplies & Materials for Letter E Craft
- Letter E template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter E Printable Template)
- Ear template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Ear Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Letter E is for Ears Craft
1. Cut letter E out of the template.
2. Trace Letter E onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter E cut.
4. Cut ear shape out from template and trace onto craft foam twice. Cut out ears.
5. Add detail to the ears with black marker.
6. Glue the ears onto the letter E.
I hope you enjoyed this fun letter E craft. Lookout next week for a letter F craft!
Until next time, happy crafting!