Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Caramel apple shots are a tasty Fall shot recipe made with caramel vodka, apple cider, sour apple mixer, and caramel sauce.
Like pumpkin jello shots, these apple shots are full of Fall flavors, easy to make, and always a hit.
If you have a little bit more time on your hands you should give our caramel apple jello shot recipe a try too.
Or for another vodka shot recipe try these easy lemon drop shots.
Here is what you will need:
- Caramel vodka. Vodka infused with the taste of caramel. We used Smirnoff Kissed Caramel.
- Apple cider. Musselman’s or your favorite brand.
- Sour apple mixer. Adds apple taste and green color (check price on Amazon)
- Caramel sauce. Homemade caramel sauce is best but if I am picking it up at the store I love Smucker’s Caramel Sundae Syrup’s pourable bottle.
- Apple slice. Optional garnish.
- 2 ounce shot glass. We used tall shot glasses like these.
How to make a caramel apple shot
- Dip rim of shot glass in caramel.
- Fill with caramel vodka, apple cider, and sour apple mixer.
- Top with a fresh apple slice.
- Make sure that your ingredients are chilled so that you get a nice cold shot.
- To get the caramel to drip down the sides of the shot glass as shown just give the rim a thick coat of caramel sauce so that it will drip down when the shot glass is turned right-side up.
- Add a drop of green food coloring to give the shots more of a green color.
- Making shots for a crowd? Mix up the shots in a cocktail shaker in the following ratio: 2 parts caramel vodka, 1 part apple cider, 1 part sour apple mixer.
More Apple Cider Cocktails to Make This Fall
Caramel Apple Shots
- 1 ounce caramel vodka chilled
- ½ ounce apple cider chilled
- ½ ounce sour apple mixer chilled
- caramel sauce for the rim
- apple slice for garnish
- Dip the rims of your shot glasses into the caramel sauce, rotating the glass to get a thick coating.
- To your shot glass, add the caramel vodka, apple cider, and sour apple mixer.
- Garnish with a fresh apple slice and serve.