Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is one of the best Instant Pot beef recipes. Tender beef stew meat smothered in a creamy beefy sauce and paired with wide egg noodles. Whip this up for a comfort food dinner this winter.
Beef stroganoff in the Instant Pot is so incredible. The pressure cooker helps to take the beef stew meat and really tenderizes it.
Pair with a side of bread and butter for a melt-in-your-mouth dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
If you are new to the pressure cooker family, just know it is easy to use. Don’t be intimidated. Give it a try and see for yourself how amazing it infuses your food, tenderizes meat, and so much more.
Can I Make Strogranoff With Ground Beef?
If you don’t happen to have stew meat you are more than welcome to cook up ground beef. You just can saute it in the Instant Pot and then follow the recipe.
When you are using the saute feature just make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot with liquid once you are done using it. This will help to remove stuck-on bits and prevent the burn notice popping up.
What Do I Need For Instant Pot Stroganoff
- Stew Meat
- Egg Noodles
- Beef Broth
- Soup Dry Mix
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Stroganoff
Turn on the saute function. You will toss in your oil, butter, and allow the butter to melt and sizzle. Add in the garlic and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
Now stir in the rest of the flour, and butter. Use a wooden spoon to scrape it around. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
Add in your beef and brown it. Remove the beef once it is browned and set it aside. Pour in the stock, Worcestershire, soup mix and mushrooms. Mix well.
Add beef back into the pot. Make sure to use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom to remove any stuck-on bits. Then move on to cook.
Then cook as directed below. Let the mixture natural release for 15 minutes.
Stir in the noodles and add water or broth to cover the noodles. Place the lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes. Then vent for 15 minutes!
Stir in the sour cream and serve with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Can I Leave The Mushrooms Out of Recipe?
Not a fan of mushrooms? Go right ahead and leave them out if you would like. The mushrooms add some tasty flavor but if you don’t care for them, just leave them out of the recipe.
What is stroganoff sauce made of?
Stroganoff sauce is made with butter and flour. Then stirring in the broth it is a great way to add more richness to the sauce. The key is to allow the flour to cook for a short bit to remove the flavor of the flour. Then it thickens up for a creamy and savory broth.
What is the best meat for beef stroganoff?
When working with the Instant Pot the beauty of it is you can buy cheap meat and still get a tender end result. Stew meat is affordable. Or you can opt for top sirloin, ribeye meat, or even go the route of ground beef. No matter what you choose it is a tasty addition.
What can I use instead of sour cream in beef stroganoff?
If you don’t enjoy sour cream you can leave it out. Stir in some milk with a teaspoon of lemon juice or even a heavy cream. If you need it to be dairy-free you can swap it for a dairy replacement or leave out the creamy texture altogether. Or even adding in a bit of mayonnaise can bring in that tangy flavor.
Go right ahead and allow your dish to cool down a bit then transfer to an airtight container. Then you can refrigerate the leftover stroganoff for 2-3 days. It reheats pretty well. Sometimes the sauce gets soaked up into the noodles.
If you need to add a splash of broth and stir to give it a creamy texture again if it seems dry.
More Instant Pot Comfort Food
- Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings
- Crack Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Beef Stew Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Casserole
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 packet of Beefy Mushroom soup mix
- 1 pint of mushrooms
- 8 ounces of wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to sauté function. Add 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil and allow to sizzle. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining butter and flour and scrape up constantly as it begins to cook. Cook for 2 minutes, but don’t allow to burn.
- Add beef and brown, but do not cool all the way through. Remove beef from the pot and set aside.
- Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix, and mushrooms. Mix well.
- Return beef to pot and stir to mix.
- Set Instant pot to Beef function for 20 minutes. Make sure venting is turned off and close the lid. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. Release remainder of pressure by venting Instant Pot.
- Mix in noodles. If the mixture is a bit too thick, add a bit of water or beef broth until noodles are covered. Replace top on Instant Pot and make sure venting is closed. Set to high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow to vent naturally for 15 minutes and then release remaining pressure.
- Stir in sour cream and serve immediately.