Talk about quick comfort food — this hearty Instant Pot beef stew recipe comes together in an hour and is full of rich flavor.
Who doesn’t love a bowl of hearty beef stew?
It’s the perfect dinner option on a cold winter’s night.
Serve with some crusty French bread and it’s pure heaven.
What isn’t so heavenly is how much time it can take to make a pot of beef stew.
Ain’t nobody got time for that – or do they?
Once again, the Instant Pot saves the day!
You can make an incredible batch of beef stew in the Instant Pot in record time.
Imagine curling up with a bowl of beef stew after just an hour of prep work and cooking. This is something you can quickly throw together for a quick, hearty, delicious dinner.
Got company coming? Boom. Beef stew.
Need some comfort food ASAP? Boom. Beef stew.
You’ll love having this recipe in your bag of tricks.
Print this recipe out for later: Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Stew
Start by gathering your ingredients.
For this Instant Pot stew recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- stew beef
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- onion, diced
- celery, diced
- garlic, diced
- frozen mixed veggies
- russet potatoes, cubed
- beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- soy sauce
- tomato paste
- dry mustard
- Beefy Mushroom soup mix
- Italian seasoning (optional)
While this recipe does call for quite a few ingredients, don’t let that fool you. It really is super simple to make.
Start by tossing the beef with olive oil, then flour, and salt and pepper.
Then. set your Instant Pot to sauté function and add butter and olive oil.
Next, add your garlic, onion, and celery and cook to 2 minutes.
Now add all of the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to mix well.
Then, set your Instant pot to Beef function for 35 minutes. Make sure venting is turned off and close lid.
Finally, allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes and then release remainder of pressure by venting.
I hope that you enjoy this hearty beef stew recipe.
More popular Instant Pot recipes:
- 1-2 lbs stew beef, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, diced
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 russet potatoes, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 packet of Beefy Mushroom soup mix
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss to coat beef with 1 tbsp olive oil. Then, add flour, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté function.
- Add butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. Allow to sizzle.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef. Brown beef, but do not cool all the way through.
- Add remainder of ingredients and stir to mix.
- Set Instant pot to Beef function for 35 minutes. Make sure venting is turned off and close lid.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. Release remainder of pressure by venting Instant Pot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 931Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 232mgSodium: 2026mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 87g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.