Melting snowman cupcakes are an easy to make Winter dessert made by adding a marshmallow and a few other small decorations to vanilla cupcakes.
Are you looking for some a cupcake idea for the holiday season?
Or a Winter-themed cupcake to celebrate the first day of Winter?
After seeing the cute snowman cupcakes Little Sunny Kitchen made, I decided to recreate them using boxed cake mix.
These adorable melting snowman cupcakes are great for Christmas parties and holiday parties. Even classroom parties! Adult and kids alike will enjoy these cute melting snowman cupcakes.
Your kids will absolutely love helping you make these too. You can help the kids bake the cupcakes and then let them do the decorating. It’s a great way to spend a chilly day during Christmas break.
So, whether you need something for a school party, Winter bake sale, Christmas party — or just because, these melted snowman cupcakes are a must!
How to Make Melting Snowman Cupcakes
These cupcakes are super easy to make.
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this easy recipe you will need: cupcakes, marshmallows, black decorating gel, confetti sprinkles, and orange fondant.
Prepare your cupcakes using a box of vanilla or white cupcake mix. Then, ice the cupcakes with white frosting.
Next, use the white frosting as a “glue” to attach a marshmallow to the top of each cupcake.
Then, use orange fondant to shape carrot noses for the snowman, and attach them using white frosting. It will help to hold the nose in place for a minute to allow it to stick on well.
Grab your black decorating gel and use it to add the snowman’s eyes, mouth, and arms.
Finally, place 3 like-colored confetti sprinkles on the top of the cupcake to act as the snowman’s buttons.
Check out my melting snowman cupcakes story for a step-by-step video!
I hope you enjoy these adorable melting snowman cupcakes and that you have a very happy holiday season!
More easy holiday cupcakes ideas:
- Ice each cupcake with white frosting.
- Cover the bottom of a marshmallow with frosting and place towards the back of the cupcake. If there is a gap where the marshmallow meets the top of the cupcake, fill the gap in with frosting. You want it to look like it’s melting into the top of the cupcake.
- Shape fondant into small carrot shapes to form the snowman's nose. Dab a small bit of frosting on the back end of the carrot nose and gently press it onto the center of the marshmallow. Hold the nose in place for a minute to allow it to start to dry and stick. Add a little extra frosting around the carrot nose if needed to help secure it in place.
- Using black icing, add 2 dots for the snowman's eyes and a series of dots to become the snowman's mouth. Then, draw arms and hands coming out from the bottom sides of the marshmallow.
- Gently place 3 confetti sprinkles of the same color down the front of the cupcake, in between the snowman's arms. These will act as the snowman's buttons.