This letter N craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
After last week’s letter M is for moon craft, today I have a fun letter N is for Nest craft to share with you.
This craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child’s age, you may need to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them and have the foam pieces ready for them to work with. This way the child can skip the tracing and cutting and simply glue the pieces together.
For older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, you may want to trace the template onto the foam pieces for them, but then allow them to work on their fine motor skills by cutting the pieces out on their own.
Letter N is for Nest
Supplies & Materials for Letter N Craft
- Letter N template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter N Printable Template)
- Nest template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Nest Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Letter N is for Nest Craft
1. Cut letter N out of the template.
2. Trace Letter N onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter N out.
4. Cut the shapes out from nest template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Use a black marker to outline and add detail to the nest.
6. Glue the leaves and eggs on to the nest.
7. Glue on nest on to the letter N.
I hope that you and the little ones enjoy this letter N craft project.
Lookout for our letter O craft next!
Until then, happy crafting!