Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
These adorable Bugle Santa Hats combine the salty crunch of regular Bugles with the sweetness of melted candy melts for a Christmas party treat that is sure to be a huge hit.
Santa hat bugles are not just a great idea; they’re a Christmas season sensation!
The best part is that the cute treats hat bugles are quick and easy to make, with no baking needed- just a bit of creativity!
If you have more creativity to unleash this holiday season why not make (and decorate) a Christmas candy house?
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Fun and Festive: A big hit at holiday celebrations.
- Super Easy: No-bake, easy holiday treats.
- Unique Flavor: Tasty salty-sweet combo.
- Great for Gifting: Perfect holiday treats.
- Kid-Friendly: Fun to make and eat.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Bugles – The cone-shaped corn snacks are the perfect shape to make cute little santa hats.
- White chocolate melts – Or vanilla almond bark.
- Red candy melts – Almond bark or white chocolate melts colored with red gel food coloring is a great option, too.
- White nonpareils – Tiny white sprinkles.
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make Santa Hats with Bugles
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- Melt red candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir and continue to melt in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until smooth and melted.
- Dip Bugles into the melted red candy, letting the excess chocolate drip off. Transfer them to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.
- Once set, melt the white chocolate melts and dip the large part of the Bugle into it, followed by a dip into tiny white sprinkles.
- Press a mini marshmallow onto the point of each Santa hat bugle. Use a bit of melted candy melts to help it stick if needed.
Your cute santa hats will keep for at least a week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
However, if you live in a warm or humid climate, refrigeration may be necessary to keep the candy coating from melting.
Bugle Treat Variations
- Bugle Christmas Trees: Swap the red candy melts for green chocolate, and use assorted colored sprinkles to mimic Christmas lights.
- Bugle Elf Hats: A great option for variety, use almond bark for coating and decorate with green and red sprinkles.
- Santa Hat Party Mix: Mix your little Santa hats with Chex cereal, mini pretzels, popcorn, nuts, Christmas M&M candies, and/or chocolate chips for a festive snack mix for the holiday season.
- Allow the red candy melts to set completely before dipping into the white chocolate.
- Use a cookie sheet under your parchment paper to make it easy to move in case you need to free up space on your counter as they set.
- To thin melted candy for smoother dipping, stir in up to a half a tablespoon of shortening.
More Fun Holiday Recipes
- Santa Hat Rice Krispie Teats
- Christmas Puppy Chow
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Homemade Christmas Gumdrops
- Easy Christmas Snack Mix
Bugle Santa Hats
- Melt the red candy disks in a microwavable bowl at half power for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in-between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each Bugle in the melted red candy. Place on a piece of parchment paper and allow to set fully.
- When the red chocolate has set, pour the white sprinkles into a small bowl. Melt the white candy disks according to the package instructions. Dip the bottom of the Bugle into the melted white candy, then immediately into the sprinkles.
- Return the bugles over to dip the tips in the melted candy and press a mini marshmallow on to them. Return the decorated Bugles to the parchment paper to allow them to set fully before serving in a large bowl or storing.