You will love this easy grapefruit margarita recipe made with store-bought grapefruit juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. It is light, refreshing, and the perfect summer cocktail.
This grapefruit cocktail is perfectly tart with just a hint of sweetness. Although If you would like to up the sweetness factor I have included instructions on how to do that below as well.
You can make two of these amazing margaritas in under 5 minutes, so invite a friend over to enjoy, offer one to your partner, or break out that giant cocktail glass buried in the back of your cabinet and go to town.
For this grapefruit cocktail recipe you will need:
- grapefruit juice – I used Simply Grapefruit from my local grocery store but you can use your favorite brand, or even squeeze a few grapefruits to make the juice fresh if you prefer
- tequila – silver / blanco tequila works best
- tripe sec – or Cointreau
- lime – for freshly-squeezed juice and to rim the glass
- coarse salt – for the rim
- grapefruit – for optional garnish
Variations and Additions
- No cocktail shaker? No problem. Simply divide the ingredients into each margarita glass and stir to combine.
- Add the ingredients to a blender with 2 cups of ice and blend until smooth to make frozen grapefruit margaritas.
- Not a fan of lime? Feel free to leave it out. You can even use a piece of grapefruit to rim the glass instead.
- For a sweeter cocktail add up to 2 Tbsp (1 oz) honey, agave, or simple syrup.
Cheers! I hope that you enjoy this easy grapefruit margaritas recipe as much as we do (I know you will)!
More mixed drink recipes to try this summer
- Long Island Iced Tea
- Frozen Blue Lagoon Margaritas
- Frozen Mermaid Margaritas
- Peach Sangria
- Frozen Peach Margaritas
- 4 oz. grapefruit juice
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. tripe sec
- ½ oz. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- lime wedge & coarse salt, for rim (optional)
- grapefruit or lime, for garnish (optional)
- Add salt to a shallow, wide bowl. Rub a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and dip it into salt. Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add grapefruit juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake for a good 10 seconds to combine.
- Strain margarita into prepared glasses, garnish if desired, and serve immediately.
Use can omit the lime juice if you prefer.
Add up to 2 Tbsp of honey, agave, or simple syrup for a sweeter cocktail.
For frozen margaritas add the ingredients to a blend with 2 cups of ice and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Saturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.