If you love rustic décor, you will absolutely adore this burlap ribbon Christmas tree craft. They are perfect for holiday decor or holiday gifting!
Rustic decor has taken the world by storm.
Just take a peek in your favorite home décor store and you’ll see a variety of items made with galvanized metal, worn wood, and burlap.
Burlap is such a great material to work with. It’s durable and gives your craft a bit of charm.
>> Related: Rustic Farmhouse Christmas Floral Can Craft
Burlap Ribbon Christmas Tree
Speaking of charm, this DIY burlap ribbon Christmas tree is loaded with rustic charm.
This project is perfect to make on a rainy Fall day. Just turn on one your favorite Christmas movies and relax while making some of these burlap ribbon Christmas tree decorations.
Make them for your home, make them for friends, make them in a variety of styles. Have fun with it and be creative.
Create different size burlap ribbon trees to display together as collection of three trees.
Or you could use these decorative burlap trees as a Christmas centerpiece. Just place the trees inside of a homemade wreath.
How to Make Burlap Ribbon Christmas Tree Decorations
Begin by gathering your supplies.
For this DIY you will need:
- burlap ribbon with wire in various prints and sizes
- foam tree form
- push pins
- small pine cone or star to top the tree
You will also need a pair of scissors and a hot glue gun to complete this craft.
Start by finding your widest ribbon and cut a few short pieces — only a few inches long each.
Starting at the bottom of the tree, make loops out of your lengths of ribbon and pin them onto the tree form. Continue until you have gone all around the bottom.
Then, move up to the next row, using your next widest ribbon.
Continue covering the tree form with layers of looped ribbon.
For the final layer, use hot glue instead of push pins (so no pins will be visible).
Finally, top your tree with a small pine cone, star, or embellishment of your choice.
I hope that you enjoy this easy Christmas decor DIY!
Did you know that you can now print out the material list & step-by-step instructions for Crayons & Cravings projects?! Just click on the big green print button below!
More Rustic Christmas Decor DIY & Crafts
- Mason Jar Lid Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Wood Slice Rudolph Ornament
- Rock Nativity Canvas Wall Art
- Wooden Christmas Tree Decor
- Various types and widths of burlap ribbon with wire
- foam cylinder tree form
- Push pins
- Small pine cones for the top (or other small decoration)
- Hot glue gun
- Begin by cutting short lengths of your widest ribbon. These should be only a couple of inches long. Form each piece of cut ribbon into a loop and put a pushpin through the top where the two loose ends meet.
- Attach the pinned loop of ribbon to the bottom of your tree form just an inch or two from the bottom.
- Continue to create a ring of looped ribbon all the way around the bottom.
- Once you have finished one row, go to your next widest ribbon and continue the process to create another layer of pinned loops of ribbon just an inch or two above the last row.
- Keep making layers of looped ribbon all the way up the Styrofoam form. You can see the photo for reference as to what this should look like.
- When you get to the final layer of looped ribbon, use hot glue to secure the loop closed and attach it to the Styrofoam form. You want to use hot glue and not pins on this layer so that no pins will be visible on your burlap ribbon tree.
- Once finished with the layers, hot glue a small pine cone or other embellishment to the top of your burlap ribbon tree to complete the decor.
Pin for Later: