Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
You won’t be able to resist a second slice of this delicious blueberry croissant breakfast bake!
Breakfast and dessert are my two favorite meals of the day. Wait — dessert isn’t a meal is it? Well, you know what I mean.
On weekends I like to treat the family — and myself — to special breakfasts. Sure scrambled eggs and toast are great for busy weekday mornings. But weekends call for something more exciting.
Blueberry Croissant Bake
You are going to love this blueberry breakfast casserole recipe. Like an overnight French Toast bake, is very easy to make, with minimal prep time required.
I like to prepare breakfast casseroles the night before I plan on serving them. That way, in the morning I can pop the dish right in the oven.
But if you would like to prepare this recipe the morning that you will be enjoying it, that works too. Just be sure to let it sit for 30 minutes in the fridge before baking it. Letting it sit is important because it gives the croissants time to soak up all the liquid.
Top with a dollop of whipped cream and some powdered sugar for a real treat.
This blueberry bake is so sweet and indulging that you could serve it for dessert as well. It is kind of like a cross between french toast and bread pudding. If you are a fan of French toast, be sure to give my French toast casserole with blueberries a try as well!
Whether breakfast, snack time, or dessert, your family is going to go wild for this recipe. It is that good.
More Awesome Breakfast Recipes
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakes
- Brioche French toast
- Strawberry muffins
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole – only 3 ingredients!
- Maple walnut coffee cake
- Farmer’s Breakfast Casserole
- Instant Pot Egg Bites – better than Starbucks!
- Apple danish
Blueberry Croissant Breakfast Bake
- 6 large croissants cut into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- confectioners' sugar whipped cream, and additional blueberries, for garnish
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with a layer of non-sticking spray.
- Spread half the croissant pieces into the bottom of your baking dish. Top with half of the blueberries. Repeat layers with remaining croissants and blueberries.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk; beat until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 30 minutes.
- In the morning, bake at 350 degree for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream and fresh berries, if desired. Serve warm.
Pin for Later: