A comforting one-dish ritz chicken casserole recipe with shredded chicken in a rich and creamy sauce topped with buttery Ritz crackers.
Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
When it comes to quick and easy dinners, it doesn’t get much easier than this Ritzy chicken casserole.
The classic chicken casserole recipe is made with a short list of just 6 ingredients–some of which you likely have right now in your pantry.
It takes only 10 minutes to prep the chicken ritz casserole and then 30 minutes in the oven. You can’t beat that!
>> Looking for more easy weeknight dinner recipes? Try our easy chicken noodle casserole!
This chicken casserole is creamy, comforting, hearty, and just plain yummy.
The buttery Ritz cracker topping gives the dish the perfect bit of crunch to complement the creamy chicken. So freakin’ good!
If your family is anything like mine they will love it and ask you to make it again and again.
For this easy recipe you will need:
- Chicken: I use crockpot shredded chicken for casserole recipes but rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, leftover chicken, or any other pre-cooked chicken work also.
- Cream of chicken soup: I prefer Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs as it gives the dish some extra flavor but regular cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup can be used instead.
- Sour cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Ritz Crackers: Two sleeves of Ritz crackers roughly crushed. Bread crumbs or panko can be used in place of the crackers, but then it wouldn’t really be a legit Ritz casserole!
- Butter: Salted or unslated. I try to use unsalted butter if I have it on hand because I figure that the Ritz crackers are salty enough already.
Helpful Kitchen Supplies
The following kitchen supplies are useful for making this recipe.
How to Make Ritz Chicken Casserole
- COMBINE: Stir casserole ingredients together and spoon into prepared baking dish.
- TOP: Sprinkle with crushed crackers and drizzle with melted butter.
- BAKE: Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite vegetable or a salad and enjoy!
More Easy Casseroles
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole
Ritz Chicken Casserole
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F and coat a 2 quart (or 8 in. baking dish) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir to combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and Italian seasoning. Stir in chicken. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed Ritz crackers and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 mins, until crackers are golden and center is hot and bubbly.
- You can use Cream of Mushroom Soup or regular Cream of Chicken Soup in place of Cream of Chicken Soup with Herbs.
- While the recipe calls for Ritz crackers, you can use 1 cup of regular bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs instead.
- Add 1-2 cups broccoli, peas, or mixed veggies to the casserole, if desired.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
This recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck!
Gerry Riddell says
I make this often, my family loves it, but I make it with cream of celery soup, I mix in about a cup and a half of broccoli and sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top before adding the crackers. So Good.
My Family and I have ate this casserole since I was a child and I’m in my fifties now and Absolutely Love this Chicken Casserole easy to prepare cheap to buy and goes around very Good it’s good for Potlucks..Even the small children like it ..It’s Absolutely Yummy this recipe is Awesome Thanks so much for Sharing
Sounds good!! Did not try it yet
Can you make this ahead and freeze it
Made this tonight delish!
I put it over buttered white rice and it’s heavenly
Would this be too dry if made without the cream soup? I have everything except that!
Jaclyn Shimmel says
Yes, it would be too dry. You could use a homemade cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup instead if you have the ingredients for that.
This was one of my mother in law’s favorite recipes. I fix it at least once a month in memory of her.
This is one of my favorite recipes. I add cooked right to mixture, shredded cheese then the Ritz buttered crackers. Yum
martha berrang says
love your recipes.
karen v says
I can’t find cream of chicken soup with herbs……what herbs should I use?
Jaclyn Shimmel says
I would add a bit of parsley, thyme, garlic powder, and onion powder. Just 1/8 – 1/4 of a teaspoon each. But if you don’t have some of the seasonings on hand I wouldn’t worry about it, it will taste delicious regardless!