Lucky Charms cereal and classic marshmallow cereal treats combine with this easy lucky charms bars recipe.
Don’t get me wrong, we love Rice Krispies treats and enjoy them often. But sometimes it is nice to switch things up with these Lucky Charms treats.
Packed with fun and colorful Lucky Charms marshmallows, these cereal treats are perfect as a last-minute St. Patrick’s Day dessert or as a sweet treat any day of the year.
You will love how easy the sweet and colorful Lucky Charms marshmallow treats are to make in just 10 minutes with 4 simple ingredients!
The recipe is so super simple, with next to no measuring required.
You will need an entire box of Lucky Charms cereal, a whole bag of mini marshmallows, and a stick of butter. The only thing you will have to measure is the salt, which is optional anyways!
You will need:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (10.5-ounce) box Lucky Charms (9 cups)
Substitutions and additions
Salted butter: You can use salted butter in place of the unsalted butter. Just drop the additional salt the recipe calls for to ¼ teaspoon or leave it out completely to make up for the extra salt in the butter
Vanilla: Add 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract to the recipe for added flavor.
How to make Lucky Charms bars
Step 1: Coat a 9 x 13 baking pan or two 8 inch baking pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Step 2: Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted add salt (optional) and mini marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
Step 3: Remove from heat and gently stir in the Lucky Charms.
Step 4: Transfer to baking pan. Press down gently with a greased spatula or your hands.
Tip: Do not press down too hard or too much or the bars will end up hard. Just press down lightly until they are in an even layer!
Step 5: Allow the bars to cool at room temperature before enjoying (about 1 hour).
At room temperature: Store Lucky Charms cereal bars at room temperature in an airtight container or baggie for up to 5 days. Separate bars with wax or parchment paper so that they do not stick together.
In the freezer: Freeze treats for up to two months in a freezer-safe container. Separate each treat with wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
Wondering why sometimes your cereal bars end up too hard and firm? Follow these simple tips for the best soft and chewy Lucky Charms treats!
- Don’t over mix: Stir the cereal into the marshmallow mixture gently and just until combined. Over-mixing can lead to hard bars.
- Don’t over pack: Do not press the cereal into the pan too tightly or you will end up with hard treats.
- Wait to cut: Once the bars are cut they being to get firmer so wait until just before serving to cut the bars to keep them as soft and chewy as possible.
Pro Tip: To make your bars extra pretty reserve a handful of the Lucky Charms marshmallows and pressing them into the top of the treats after they are pressed in the pan. This gives the top an extra pop of color!
More easy no-bake St. Patrick’s Day treats
- Copycat shamrock shake
- St. Patrick’s Day fudge
- Pistachio Pudding Icebox Cake
- Pot o’ gold Oreo truffles
Lucky Charms Bars
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1 16-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 10.5-ounce box Lucky Charms (9 cups)
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking pan or two 8 x 8 baking pans with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the salt (if using) and marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in Lucky Charms cereal.
- Spoon into the baking pan, pressing down gently with a greased spatula or your hands into an even layer.
- Allow the cereal bars to cool at room temperature before slicing and serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.