Meet the chocolate chip monster cookie! Add a cute monster face and ta-da! Happiness in a cookie!
Chocolate Chip Monster Cookie Monsters Recipe
These chocolate chip monster cookies are loaded with all the awesome goodies you find in all the other cookies. You’ve got chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts. All in one cookie!
While these chocolate chip monster cookies are amazing as is, we take these yummy cookies one step further by decorating them to look like cute little cookie monsters.
Your little cookie monsters will absolutely love these cookies! They would also be a huge hit at a bake sale or served up at a kids party.
For another cookie recipe with eyeballs give our Monster Cake Mix Cookies a try!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blue food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips, divided
- ⅔ cup mini Oreos, divided
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chip cookies, divided
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and 3 drops of blue food coloring. Add more food coloring if it is not your desired shade.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- Next stir in ⅓ cup white chocolate chips, ⅓ cup mini Oreos, ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips. Use your mixer or a spoon to break up the cookies just a bit while stirring them in.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and form each portion into a ball.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Break up the remaining mini Oreos and mini chocolate chip cookies.
- Place the remaining white chocolate chips, mini Oreos and mini chocolate chips cookies all over the top of the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes. You want the edges to just be golden brown. We want the cookies to stay chewy.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
- You must refrigerate these cookies before baking to keep them chewy.
- Gel food coloring works best.
- You can switch out the white chocolate chips for regular chocolate chips if you like.
- This recipe makes 6 large cookies but you can divide the dough into 12 regular size cookies if you like or you can even make mini ones!