Imagine a cookie that is a combination of all your favorite cookies. Meet the chocolate chip monster cookie! Add a cute monster face and ta-da! Happiness in a cookie!
Chocolate Chip Monster Cookie Monsters Recipe
These chocolate chip monster cookies are loaded with all the awesome goodies you find in all the other cookies. You’ve got chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts. All in one cookie!
While these chocolate chip monster cookies are amazing as is, we take these yummy cookies one step further by decorating them to look like cute little cookie monsters. Your little cookie monsters will absolutely love these cookies! They would also be a huge hit at a bake sale or served up at a kids party.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package large candy eyes
- Black decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Whisk ingredients together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Slowly add one egg at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, beating to incorporate with the butter, sugar, and egg mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, one cup at a time, stirring to combine after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips.
- Add oatmeal and walnuts, continuing to stir to mix well.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop out the cookie dough and place on the lined cookie sheet allowing space for baking between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, allowing to cool slightly before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, use black decorating icing to glue on the eyes.
- Outline the mouth and fill in with black decorating icing.
- Allow the icing to dry fully before serving.