Soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies made with vanilla cake mix, oil, eggs, and chocolate chips are the perfect quick and easy cookie recipe. With no need to chill the dough they come together in only 20 minutes start to finish!
I can’t be the only one who gets a hankering for chocolate chip cookies out of nowhere.
When this happens I usually make a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies.
But sometimes I’m out of brown sugar, realize my baking soda is expired, or am just plain lazy and want a shortcut.
That is where these cake mix chocolate chip cookies come in.
I just mix the 4 ingredients together, scoop onto baking sheets, and bake for 10 minutes. Quick and easy as can be.
In just a few minutes I am enjoying freshly-baked, soft chocolate chip cookies. Man, I love cake mix hacks!
Ingredients Notes and Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for the cookies, as well as substitution options. For measurements, see the printable recipe card below.
You will need:
- Box of cake mix – vanilla, french vanilla, or yellow cake mix will all work well for this recipe
- Eggs – at room temperature
- Vegetable oil – or you can use melted butter if you prefer
- Chocolate chips – You can use your favorite variety. We used mini chocolate chips this time as we had an open bag in the pantry. Also, you will see that the recipe calls for ½ cup chocolate chips, but you can feel free to add up to 1 cup of them if you desire.
Helpful baking supplies
How to Make
This section gives you a quick overview of how to make cake mix chocolate chip cookies. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- MIX: Combine all the ingrediets. box of cake mix, oil, and eggs to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- FORM: Scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- BAKE: Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and edges are set.
Chocolate chip cookies with cake mix can be stored covered or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- By nature, cake mix cookies spread a decent amount during baking. To help minimize spreading use parchment paper to line your cookie sheets rather than greasing them which can cause additional spreading.
- Make the size and shape of your dough balls the same to ensure even baking.
- Try adding a sprinkle of sea salt to the top of the cookies for added flavor.
- Don’t feel like turning on your oven? Give my air fryer chocolate chip cookie recipe a try!
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Cornfake Cookies
- Peppermint Patty Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or up to 1 cup if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and oil to a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop by heaping Tablespoon, or use a 1 ½ Tablespoon cookie scoop, to portion out the cookie batter 2" apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store covered or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.