A delicious no-bake strawberry Jello pie made with Strawberry Jello, Cool Whip, fresh strawberries and a ready-made graham cracker crust.
I love to spend time in the kitchen baking up a storm during the fall and winter months. But not so much on hot summer days. The last thing I want to do on a scorcher is turn on my oven. No, thank you.
Thankfully, I have a few awesome no-bake dessert recipes that are my go-tos on days like these.
This cool and refreshing Strawberry pie with Jello is super simple to make. If you can make gelatin from a box, you can make this easy no-bake fruit pie.
The recipe only requires 4 ingredients — plus some water and ice!
Honestly, the toughest part is waiting for the Jello to set.
I like to prepare the no-bake pie in the evening; so that it has plenty of time to set up overnight while we sleep. That way I am not watching the clock and counting down the minutes until I can enjoy it.
Likewise, if I am making no-bake Jello pie for a summer party or barbecue, I make sure to prepare it the night before so that I know it will be good to go on the day of the event. Although it can set in as little as 3 hours, sometimes it can take as many as 6. What gives? Make up your mind, pie!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Graham Cracker Crust– Using a premade 9″ or 10″ pie shell makes this recipe easy peasy. However, feel free to make your own graham cracker crumb crust if you prefer. You could also use two smaller 6″ pie crusts.
- Cool Whip– Be sure to thaw your frozen whipped topping in the fridge overnight before beginning.
- Strawberry Jello– Use regular as the sugar free jello has been known to not set up properly in this recipe.
- Fresh Strawberries– Chopped into bite-sized chunks.
How to Make a Strawberry Pie with Jello
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Dissolve jello mix in boiling water, stir in ice water to cool it down then let it sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
Step 2: Mix in whipped topping then fold in diced strawberries.
Step 3: Chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
Step 4: Slice, serve, and enjoy! Top with a dollop of whipped topping and a sliced strawberry if you are feeling fancy.
Leftover pie can be refrigerated for up to three days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aim for about half water and half ice. I like to put the ½ cup of cold water into a measuring cup and put ice cubes into it until the water fills up to the one cup mark.
Absolutey! You can make this pie up to 24 hours before your party and chill until serving. However, I would recommed waiting until just before serving to garnish each slice.
I do not recommened freezing jello pie as I have found that jello dessets do not freeze well.
This recipe will give your a little bit more filling than needed to fill your pie crust. Luckily extra filling is much butter than not enough filling, right? Simply can pour any extra filling into a bowl and let it set up in the fridge then enjoy it with a spoon. Yum!
I hope that you enjoy this quick and easy no-bake jello strawberry pie. Not only is it perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth in the summer without having to turn on the oven, but the beautiful pink pie makes an amazing dessert any time of year.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes
And if you love strawberry jello, be sure to try this strawberry jello poke cake for another tasty strawberry dessert!
- 1 package (3 ounce) strawberry Jello
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 package (8 oz) whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 premade graham cracker crust (10 in.)
- additional whipped topping and strawberries for topping, if desired
- Add jello mix and boiling water to a large bowl. Whisk together for 2 minutes or until dissolved.
- Add ice water; stirring well until all ice has melted. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to thicken.
- Whisk in whipped topping. Fold in 1 ½ cup of the diced strawberries.
- Spoon filling into graham cracker pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining diced strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until set (I like to let it chill overnight).
- Slice and serve. Top slices with whipped topping and/or additional strawberries, if desired.
For the ice water: put the ½ cup of cold water into a measuring cup and put ice cubes into it until the water fills up to the one cup mark.
You can use one 9- or 10-inch crust or two 6-inch crusts.
Store leftover pie tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.