Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
A delicious and easy-to-make sheet pan pizza recipe with homemade pizza dough. Top with your favorite jarred pizza sauce (or homemade) and customize with your family’s favorite toppings for an easy weeknight dinner.
I am a huge fan of sheet pan recipes. They are easy-to-make, come together quickly, and –my favorite part — the oven does almost all the work.
See also: Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin & Veggies
Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe
Today I want to share this amazing sheet pan pizza recipe. You guys are going to love it!
Pizza is a go-to in our house. We eat it at least once a week. Often twice. I just switch up the toppings.
If I can’t decide what to make, I default to pizza.
This sheet pan pizza recipe is easy to make and totally yummy.
The recipe walks you through the steps of making the pizza dough from-scratch, but you can use pre-made dough if you prefer. If you do go the route of making your own dough, just be sure to give yourself plenty of time to allow the dough to rise.
For a perfect pizza night follow your sheet pan pizza dinner with this M&M cookie pizza for dessert!
Topping Your Pizza
While we topped our pizza with fresh mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, and green peppers, you surely don’t have to.
Below are some additional toppings ideas.
- shredded chicken
Enjoy your homemade pizza and have fun trying out different topping combos!
Sheet Pan Pizza
For the Dough:
- 2 teapoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water warm (about 115°)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup pizza sauce homemade or jarred
- mozzarella cheese shredded or sliced
- additional toppings if desired
- Add the yeast and sugar to one cup of warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together flour and salt. Slowly add water mixture to the flour while mixing. Add in olive oil and continue stirring with a large spatula or dough hook on the stand mixer. Mix until a ball of dough forms and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl (or just oil the bowl it’s been mixed in) and cover. Allow to rise in a warm place for about an hour - until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the toppings. Slice the veggies, cook any meat you are using, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450° F and line a 12x19” baking sheet with foil. Cover with cooking spray or olive oil.
- When the dough has doubled in size, place on the baking sheet and press to spread to even thickness. Push dough to cover the entire sheet.
- Spread a light, even layer of sauce over the dough. Top with cheese and other toppings. Sprinkle with seasonings if desired.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to brown and crust is browning. Serve warm.