Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HERSHEY® for SheSpeaks. All opinions are 100% mine.
Inside: A delicious and easy to make Halloween trifle made with HERSHEY® Halloween candy, chocolate brownies, pudding, and whipped topping.
Have you been to Walmart yet this Halloween season? Their Halloween department is massive and packed with a large selection of everything from Halloween candy to costumes and decorations.
On my last Walmart trip I stocked up on all our favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy along with some fun, new Halloween decorations.
I stocked up on REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, KIT KAT® Bars, and HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate for Halloween AND I had plenty of HERSHEY® candy to make this delicious Halloween candy trifle.
When it comes to Halloween candy desserts, this rich brownie trifle is a family favorite and always a hit at Halloween parties. Everyone in our family looks forward to me making this festive HERSHEY® candy trifle each year when Halloween rolls around. And it is so easy to make!
Halloween Trifle Ingredients
You will need…
- brownie mix – a box of fudge brownie mix plus the ingredients called for on the package, likely eggs, water, and vegetable oil.
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- milk – use whole milk for best results
- whipped topping – left in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to thaw
- orange food coloring – if you don’t have orange you can use red and yellow food coloring in a 1:1 ratio
- your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy – we used Snack Size REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, KIT KAT® Bars, and HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate
Stock up on your favorite Halloween candy from HERSHEY® and everything else you need for the season with a quick trip to Walmart or online at Walmart.com!
How to Make a Halloween Candy Trifle
- Make brownies – Follow instructions on the brownie box to make brownies in a 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare pudding – Beat pudding mix with milk until thickened. Stir in food coloring. Fold in whipped cream.
- Assemble trifle – Layer brownies, pudding, and whipped topping. Repeat. Top with your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy.
- Chill – Place trifle in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- Prefer homemade? Try using your favorite homemade brownie recipe in place of a boxed mix.
- Prep ahead! Save time by making the trifle a day ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Lucky enough to have leftovers? Spoon them into a bowl and store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Short on time? Take advantage of Walmart Grocery Pickup and get your ingredient shopping done without even having to step foot in the store!
- Make individual trifles. Layer the ingredients in individual cups (like we do in our recipe for dirt and worms) for individual-size Halloween party treats.
Enjoy! I just know that you and your family enjoy this Halloween candy trifle as much as our family does!
And don’t forget to stock up on all your favorite HERSHEY® candy at Walmart so you and your family can enjoy them all season long!
More Halloween Dessert Ideas
- 1 box fudge brownie mix + ingredients called for on the package
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ½ cup milk
- 2 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- orange food coloring or red & yellow in 1:1 ratio
- your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy
- Prepare brownies in a 9 x 13 baking pan according to the directions on the package. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-inch squares and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat or whisk pudding mix and milk until thickened. Add a good amount of food coloring to reach your desired shade of orange. Keep in mind that the color will lighten once the Cool Whip is folded in.
- Fold in 1 package of whipped topping.
- In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, add ½ of the brownies, follow with ½ of the pudding mixture, then ½ of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Pin for Later: